Gibson Brands Forums

Big Bill's NGD

Big Bill

Thanks Rabs. To answer you question I got the Standard because I my eyes hurt looking at those green inlays on the Classic. Plus I wanted a burst, although I liked the Trans Amber on the plain top, I prefer the burst. The 2013 Standard has the 60s neck profile which was the biggest reason why I originally bought the Classic. I hope the hell this makes sense

Thanks Rab. To answer you question I got the Standard because I my eyes hurt looking at those green inlays on the Classic. Plus I wanted a burst, although I liked the Trans Amber on the plain top, I prefer the burst. The 2013 Standard has the 60s neck profile which was the biggest reason why I originally bought the Classic. I hope the hell this makes sense

Lol... this is GAS we are talking about.. I don't really think sense or logic come into play much ;)

We do what we do and want what we want... Theres no right or wrong.. [thumbup]

That's why I also got my 2008 Standard.. Nice flamey top (without being too over the top) and a 60s Asymmetrical neck [thumbup] and I wouldn't sell that one either :D

This one

IMG_0156_zps16aa4ebf.jpg

Congrats, Bill, very nice catch, HNGD! [thumbup]

Love Honey Burst finish, figuring and graining. [love] My Standard 2012 is a Honey Burst, too.

Other than Rabs, I think buying your new LP was sensible and logical, but this is just me... [rolleyes][biggrin]

Archived