Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J-35 2014 Collectors Edition

B1ues Boy

Gibson J-35 2014 Collectors Edition.....I'd like to know the specs on this guitar, especially if the top bracing is forward shifted or standard shifted

any information would be nice Hyde glue or ??? and on what parts was Hyde glue used

Thanks in advance Dale Hamon

• 2 weeks later...

A simple Google will find you here: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RS35VSNH where they have full information on that model. I almost purchased one but felt the price was a bit high for a dressed up J35.

Thanks for your reply but the Specs are not complete on this I've called several stores and no one knows if the braces are forward shifted or not and no info on hide glue either

I almost purchased one but felt the price was a bit high for a dressed up J35.
Specs like an adi top add up to a bit more than bling. The two can be compared here. To my ears, fine fine vs new wine. Of course if you cant afford fine wine, the std 35 is pretty good as new wines go.

Fat, punchy.

thinner in bass/mdis, brighter, to point of being edgey (depending on one's attack).

Thanks for your reply but the Specs are not complete on this I've called several stores and no one knows if the braces are forward shifted or not and no info on hide glue either

Yeah, you can't even count on Gibson's own web site to tell you which guitars have the forward-shifted, AJ style bracing and which don't. Judging by the video links above, I'd guess that it either has them, or it doesn't matter much. The thing is a monster, and while the 35 sounds very nice, the collector's edition has MORE. At least in that recording. $1300 more? That's a lot more.

P

Specs like an adi top add up to a bit more than bling. The two can be compared here. To my ears, fine fine vs new wine. Of course if you cant afford fine wine, the std 35 is pretty good as new wines go.

Fat, punchy.

thinner in bass/mdis, brighter, to point of being edgey (depending on one's attack).

Thank you that's mostly what I was looking for

Yeah I think the J-35 Standard sounds nice but a little thin for me I bought the J-15 and it seems to deliver a lot warmer response but I want to get a nice sunburst to add to my collection I might have to step up to a Jackson Browne Walnut J-45

Gibson J-15 Walnut

Nice gutiar, whole 'nother kettle of fish--way more on the low end.

So true....I did just buy a Gibson J-15 and it's very sweet and warmer then the Standard J-35 - things that I'm going to upgrade on my J-15 are Head stock Tuners and I've been looking at Carvin Locking Tuners same as Schaller Locking tuners and of course warmer strings BUT I have and like Elixer 80/20 Nano strings on all my other guitars.....I'd like to replace the stock saddle with West African Hard Ivory and nut

I can only hope that these changes bring this wonderful J-15 to it's peak performance

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/CL33C

Archived