Gibson Brands Forums

Playing my music on my Epiphone EL-OO

QuestionMark

That through the AE side or miked acoustic?

Sounds quite nice, btw, both the pickin' and and guitar. To me it's also kinda proof that an Epi can sound quite nice and when recorded... I'll wager that some Gibsons wouldn't sound any better once recorded. Then again, I'm the type who figures no recorded music can ever sound like "live," and that's helped sell all kinds of guitars, amps and "stomp boxes" for folks chasing "tone." So I simply worry about how a guitar plays for stuff I do.

m

That through the AE side or miked acoustic?

Sounds quite nice, btw, both the pickin' and and guitar. To me it's also kinda proof that an Epi can sound quite nice and when recorded... I'll wager that some Gibsons wouldn't sound any better once recorded. Then again, I'm the type who figures no recorded music can ever sound like "live," and that's helped sell all kinds of guitars, amps and "stomp boxes" for folks chasing "tone." So I simply worry about how a guitar plays for stuff I do.

m

Milod-

Thanks for listening and positive comments (on this board and the Gibson Acoustic board.) I recorded it acoustic...just sat right in front of the recorder and played. Didn't use a pickup or even any kind of monitor from the mic as I wanted to hear the guitar in its true sound... as the recorder was picking it up as I was playing. Agree no recorded music can sound like "live" although gotta the recorder picked up a pretty good sound of the little guitar, though I'm sure the recorder's auto mic likely did some change to the authentic sound (but I couldn't get away from that.) Again, thank you!

Jazzman Jeff aka QM

I am using Martin SP Acoustic 80/20 Bronze Light-Medium. (12.5s) strings on the EL-00 on the Jacob's Ladder EP songs. And, yep, that's a j-45 I am playing on Like a Rolling Stone . It is a Custom Shop 1964 j-45 Reissue made in 2006. On the J-45 Like a Roing Stone video I had Martin SP 80/20 Bronze LIght (12s) strings on it.

Glad to learn you liked the music and the guitars' sound!

Jazzman Jeff aka QM

• 2 weeks later...

Archived