Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG 'Traditional'...any views?

Musicman20

Hi all

As a long time bassist I am finally moving to more guitar just to open a few more doors.

I'd like to look into getting an SG. I would like one without the Minitune system.

http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-electric-guitars/pid33743/cid671/gibson-sg-traditional-electric-guitar-in-ebony.asp?LGWCODE=33743;56375;2717&utm_source=googlebase&utm_term=SGTDEBCH3&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CLLC__SJwsACFUjHtAodtW0ASg

Does anyone know anything about these models? Are they essentially a Standard without minitune??

I can only find them in the UK, which is where I am based, and nothing on the Gibson website.

Hi all

As a long time bassist I am finally moving to more guitar just to open a few more doors.

I'd like to look into getting an SG. I would like one without the Minitune system.

http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-electric-guitars/pid33743/cid671/gibson-sg-traditional-electric-guitar-in-ebony.asp?LGWCODE=33743;56375;2717&utm_source=googlebase&utm_term=SGTDEBCH3&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CLLC__SJwsACFUjHtAodtW0ASg

Does anyone know anything about these models? Are they essentially a Standard without minitune??

I can only find them in the UK, which is where I am based, and nothing on the Gibson website.

Hello, mate. I've had a similar search of the Gibson site and found nothing.

I've not heard of an SG Traditional before; it's possible that it's a limited run, which could explain why it's not on the site. They do a few reissues as part of the non-Custom range, but this seems different.

The specification indicates that it should be a good quality guitar; the '57 pickups are a nice unit, and the guitar has got the appointments you'd expect to see on a Gibson Standard or Traditional; neck binding, 3-ply pickguard, etc.

The description isn't entirely accurate, as it mentions that the guitar has the 120th anniversary banner on the 12th fret, which this does not.

Are you local to Andertons / Guildford? I'd say go down and pick it up, see what it's all about if you can.

Hello, mate. I've had a similar search of the Gibson site and found nothing.

I've not heard of an SG Traditional before; it's possible that it's a limited run, which could explain why it's not on the site. They do a few reissues as part of the non-Custom range, but this seems different.

The specification indicates that it should be a good quality guitar; the '57 pickups are a nice unit, and the guitar has got the appointments you'd expect to see on a Gibson Standard or Traditional; neck binding, 3-ply pickguard, etc.

The description isn't entirely accurate, as it mentions that the guitar has the 120th anniversary banner on the 12th fret, which this does not.

Are you local to Andertons / Guildford? I'd say go down and pick it up, see what it's all about if you can.

Hiya!

Unfortunately not....I've shopped with them before online and been impressed. It does indeed seem what I'm after...

I might give them a call and see what they have info wise.

Hi

It's the standard they had from early 90's to 2012, but with 57 classics pickup's instead of 490-498 pickups.

The new standard has small pickguard, nicer bevels and 60's slim neck.

You might want to think about what neck you would prefer, 50's rounded or 60's slim

Cool Sg BTW

Archived