Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Super Bassman

MrNylon

• 1 month later...

Nice amp top - how does it make the Ampeg cabinet sound? Is that a 2 x 15" model?

The Rickenbacker looks awesome, the blue colour is nicer to my eyes than the typical close-to-black midnight dyes. [thumbup]

The Ampeg SVT-410HLF was designed for a tube head, primarily. It's a 4X10 cab. It would be nice as a 2X15 cab. It sounds like a low, clear tone, with power. I like the Midnight Blue myself.

The Ampeg SVT-410HLF was designed for a tube head, primarily. It's a 4X10 cab. It would be nice as a 2X15 cab. It sounds like a low, clear tone, with power. I like the Midnight Blue myself.

2bmOT77.jpg

Thanks for your reply, GSGBass. I think for me 4 x 10 would be the better option. I like the definite tone of 10s and use a 4 x 10 cab myself for bass.

I just added a Rickenbacker 4003 Midnight Blue to the Fender / Ampeg setup.

OKpykhl.jpg

I see you got drawn back to the Rick and you've already dressed this lady in the black silk. The blue is a beauty and it's less common than the Fireglo and the Maple. Very nice. I still love my maple 4003. I liked it enough that I sold the EB to help cover the costs. I bet that combination sounds awesome.msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks for the kind words guys. It does sound very good. I don't mind mixing heads, and cabs for sound, as long as they everything matches up impedance, and power wise.

One of the bestest bass amps I was ever aware of is the Bassman 135.

I think they might be highly under-appreciated. I can think of a couple reasons. One is they come from an age when Fender amps were being made to suck for guitar. But the changes they made that make them worse guitar amps make them better bass amps. The other reason is it doesn't say "Ampeg" or another name that is thought of as being a "bass amp" from a good company.

I know not much about this amp, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't even better than the 135.

Archived