Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Pro

artied

I have a Epiphone Les Paul Pro. Its a 2014 I believe, and the neck was rebowed or back bowed a little, and causing the strings to fret out, so I let off on the truss rod which did seem to have tention on it, but when I loosened it, the truss rod was able to move up and down in the neck, Is this normal for these truss rods to do that, or is there a problem The neck doesn't want to streighton out either, I can't seem to get the back bow out even though the strings are on there (009's) and its tuned to pitch. (A440) Although maybe with time it will. its only been a few days.

Hello Artied, and welcome here.

In case the neck has been bent backwards for a certain period, it may take the strings some time to pull it forward. My 2013 Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus with .010" - .046" strings stock came with an overstretched neck, too, and interestingly the entire batch of these at the dealer shared this fate. Since I restrung her using .011" - .050", all was fine within three days. This may take somewhat longer with a .009" set.

In case the situation persists, I would contact the dealer and/or a reputable luthier.

Hope this helps.

Archived