Gibson Guitar Board: Pics of ES 330's - Gibson Guitar Board

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pics of ES 330's

#1 User is offline   AlanC 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 563
  • Joined: 18-August 08
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

For me one of my fave guitars is an ES 330. Great to play and have reasonably good sound when unplugged. Here are mine :-

Posted Image

Posted Image
AlanC.


0

#2 User is offline   g6120 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 152
  • Joined: 14-January 08

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

Great guitars ES 330 VOS

Posted Image


Posted Image



Posted Image

Two covers below I did the lead vocal Beatles & Badfinger .

https://www.youtube....h?v=iBB2o5ejb-U
https://www.youtube....h?v=ALdIOJS-d_0
0

#3 User is offline   bobouz 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2806
  • Joined: 10-August 10

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

View Postg6120, on 07 September 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

Mine is a natural finish 2012 330 VOS, virtually identical to yours.
Out of all the electrics I own, it is unquestionably my favorite.

Wonderful guitars!
>Gibsons: '22 "A" Mandolin / '66 ES 125T / '90 Tennessean / '00 J-100 Xtra
'02 J-45 Rosewood / '02 SG Faded-moon / '06 ES 335 / '09 ES 339
'10 ES 330L / '11 ES 335-P90s / '12 ES 330 VOS / '12 LP Special
'12 J-185 / '13 LG2-AE / '13 Midtown Kalamazoo / '14 J-15
>Epis: '66 FT45n Cortez / '00 AIUSA-John Lee Hooker 1964 Sheraton
'05 McCartney 1964 Texan (Terada-Elitist) / '09 Elitist 1965 Casino
>Martins: '00 OOO-16 / '01 Custom Rosewood D / > Ibanez: '81 M-340
>Guilds: '73 F-30R / '74 F-40 / '76 G-37 / '92 D-6 / '94 JF-30 / '97 Starfire
'14 Savoy A-150b / > Breedlove: '10 American Series OO Mandolin
0

#4 User is offline   Jon S. 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Customer Service Team
  • Posts: 4267
  • Joined: 17-May 10

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

View PostAlanC, on 07 September 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

For me one of my fave guitars is an ES 330. Great to play and have reasonably good sound when unplugged. Here are mine :-

Posted Image

Posted Image



Very nice!! [drool]
0

#5 User is offline   AlanC 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 563
  • Joined: 18-August 08
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:31 AM

g6120 said:

1410112829[/url]' post='1561561']
Great guitars ES 330 VOS

Posted Image


Posted Image



Posted Image

Two covers below I did the lead vocal Beatles & Badfinger .

https://www.youtube....h?v=iBB2o5ejb-U
https://www.youtube....h?v=ALdIOJS-d_0


Very nice. Luv the natural.. Congrats
AlanC.


0

#6 User is offline   Versatile 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4850
  • Joined: 08-September 10
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

Great pics... [thumbup]

A truly great instrument

For the uninitiated...this is the 'real deal'...a MIA classic with Casino DNA...

Collectively responsible for much of the top popular music from the 1960's on...

V

:-({|=
Fiddling at the Pearly Gates
or somewhere
Lower and Warmer....

I like kayaking....it really floats my boat....

I dig most stuff....
0

#7 User is offline   johnnyvn 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 54
  • Joined: 13-December 14

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

View PostVersatile, on 08 September 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

Great pics... [thumbup]

A truly great instrument

For the uninitiated...this is the 'real deal'...a MIA classic with Casino DNA...

Collectively responsible for much of the top popular music from the 1960's on...

V

:-({|=



Love my VOS 1959!

Attached thumbnail(s)

  • Attached Image: IMG_3074 MEDIUM.jpg

0

#8 User is offline   Versatile 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4850
  • Joined: 08-September 10
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:50 AM

For the cognoscenti who love the ES330....

Suggest they view/hold/purchase...finance permitting

The rather splendid ES225... [thumbup]

A slimline hollow P90 loaded ES175-esque tone machine

V

:-({|=
Fiddling at the Pearly Gates
or somewhere
Lower and Warmer....

I like kayaking....it really floats my boat....

I dig most stuff....
0

#9 User is offline   johnnyvn 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 54
  • Joined: 13-December 14

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:26 AM

View PostVersatile, on 12 April 2016 - 04:50 AM, said:

For the cognoscenti who love the ES330....

Suggest they view/hold/purchase...finance permitting

The rather splendid ES225... [thumbup]

A slimline hollow P90 loaded ES175-esque tone machine

V

:-({|=


Wow, V,

That looks like a killer box! Do you own one? Pics? Can you tell me about the neck profile? I'd love to have one of those, and I'd be throwing a Bigsby on that bad boy straight away! Thanks for pointing out what looks to be a great box...
0

#10 User is offline   Versatile 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4850
  • Joined: 08-September 10
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:12 AM

View Postjohnnyvn, on 12 April 2016 - 07:26 AM, said:

Wow, V,

That looks like a killer box! Do you own one? Pics? Can you tell me about the neck profile? I'd love to have one of those, and I'd be throwing a Bigsby on that bad boy straight away! Thanks for pointing out what looks to be a great box...


Yes I did an exchange last summer... [thumbup]

Sorry no pics but there is a great resume on this Gibson site

I would describe the neck as 'fat'....certainly fatter than the ES330

My particular likes are the neck, the tasteful aged 'burst finish and the under-wound P90's which smooth out the P90 bark just nicely for jazz comping etc... [thumbup]

All in all possibly my favourite guitar alongside the different but equally great ES330

V

:-({|=
Fiddling at the Pearly Gates
or somewhere
Lower and Warmer....

I like kayaking....it really floats my boat....

I dig most stuff....
0

#11 User is offline   johnnyvn 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 54
  • Joined: 13-December 14

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:00 PM

View PostVersatile, on 12 April 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

Yes I did an exchange last summer... [thumbup]

Sorry no pics but there is a great resume on this Gibson site

I would describe the neck as 'fat'....certainly fatter than the ES330

My particular likes are the neck, the tasteful aged 'burst finish and the under-wound P90's which smooth out the P90 bark just nicely for jazz comping etc... [thumbup]

All in all possibly my favourite guitar alongside the different but equally great ES330

V

:-({|=


V, awesome!

What do you feel are the major differences sonically or otherwise between the 225 and the 330? Obviously the single cutaway...but given that they probably share the same awesome underwound P90's, what do you feel are the differences?

Thanks,

J
0

#12 User is offline   Versatile 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4850
  • Joined: 08-September 10
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:45 AM

Hi J, thankyou for your interest...

Personal opinions so far....

The ES225 was actually superseded by the ES330 in the model range of '58/'59....

The ES225 draws on the DNA of older pre H/B archtops like the ES175 and appears to be like a slimline ES175

The ES330 is ergonomically very similar to an ES335....with lighter weight

String spacing at the nut is the same....the ES225 widens slightly more to the bridge, easing any finger-style techniques

The ES225 combination bridge/tailpiece(a la early Les Paul) sits on the top surface

The ES330 bridge is screwed securely into the top....which may influence vibrations and tone

For vintage accuracy the ES225 has no neck strap button....

V

:-({|=
Fiddling at the Pearly Gates
or somewhere
Lower and Warmer....

I like kayaking....it really floats my boat....

I dig most stuff....
0

#13 User is offline   jmendoza 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 78
  • Joined: 01-October 15

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:57 AM

You can hand me over the Lee any time now, besides, you can only play one at a time, so I'm waiting!

Jay
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users