Gibson Brands Forums

PR-150 VS

Bogiedr

Finally took the plunge. Wanted an everyday guitar for practice, lessons, something that if I dropped it, I would not be completely devastated. Enter an Epiphone PR 150-VS. Incredible sounding instrument!! On par with my Dean Traditions Lacewood and Taylor Big Baby. Great tone, easy to play and beautifully finished. Just wish I had known that a regular full size dreadnought gig bag or case is not long enough, otherwise, aces!!!

• 4 months later...

Not a lot of love for cheapo Epiphones on the ole Gibson forums eh? Well, I'm here for ya. My 1st decent quality guitar was an Epiphone Ft-120 that I purchased new in 1976 to replace the POJ my parent had bought me years before. And I've owned several Epiphones since then. Mostly 1970's Japanese builts. All IMO were decent guitars. I currently own a PR 150VS that I purchased used off the local classifieds for $60. Intended use was as a camping guitar, which it is. But although I have other high end guitars, I keep the Epi in the playing rotation at home. It plays great and IMO sounds pretty darn good. I bought a set of those ebay mock Gibson style inlay fret marker "stickers" that I'm going to "spruce it up" with on the next string change. Make it look kinda like a Southern Jumbo. [thumbup]

Archived