Gibson Brands Forums

New DOVE

cliffmac

Did it today ordered my new Dove, Violin Burst beautiful after much research and playing the different models ( Hummingbird, EJ200Artist and the ce and some lower priced models including the laminate J45) I've decided on the Dove can't wait for it to get here I chose not to get the store demo although it really sang out beautiful tone across the board. Some dirt bag played it with a big bulky buckle on and the back is just ruined the guy at the store was unaware of the damage and is supper pissed as well he should be. So mine will be new.They are going to check set up and put phosphorus bronze Lights on her then home she comes.

I love my Dove. It just gets better every time I pick it up. I didn't change anything except the original strings and bridge pins. I have the straight acoustic version MIC. It has been my go to since I bought it. I was going to file the saddle a bit, but when I removed it I found a plastic shim under it, which is gone now. There was a big improvement in sound and playability without it. I love this guitar.

Good luck!

I love my Dove. It just gets better every time I pick it up. I didn't change anything except the original strings and bridge pins. I have the straight acoustic version MIC. It has been my go to since I bought it. I was going to file the saddle a bit, but when I removed it I found a plastic shim under it, which is gone now. There was a big improvement in sound and playability without it. I love this guitar.

Good luck!

nice I'm excited now playing DR500mce thinking how nice the non cutaway is going to be, not as nice as the masterbuilt but I bet its good.

Archived