Gibson Brands Forums

Tommy Emmanuel Performance

Kenny V

I am quite excited. Tomorrow night I am headed to downtown Cleveland to see/hear Tommy Emmanuel perform. I purchased the tickets when his concert was first announce and was able to get seats in the 3rd row. For those who are not familiar with Mr. Emmanuel head over to youtube and put in Tommy Emmanuel one man band. I am not sure if this post is appropriate, but I am just so thrilled about attending this concert.

Kenny V

Awesome!!!

Enjoy the show. The man is a staggering talent. The you tube videos give you an idea but don't really do him justice.

Saw him up close a few months ago. Mind boggling what he does. And props to the sound which was fantastic where we saw him.

I will see him again any/every chance I get.

Enjoy!!

A perfectly acceptable post!

We've discussed the genius of Tommy Emmanuel here a few times!

I missed his last nearby show and am keeping my eyes peeled for the next one. It appears I'll have to wait until 2015 at least but I won't miss him again!

IMHO, at this moment he's probably the most talented living guitarist. He's a phenom for sure!

The show exceeded my expectations. The opening act was Loren Barrigar and Mark Mazengarb. A great guitar duo. To briefly sum up the Tommy Emmanuel performance, it was unbelievable. He was/is fantastic. Zorchmeister, Blossoms seating capacity including the lawn area is a little over 19,000. The Cleveland Ohio Theater hold a little over a 1,000, and the publicity for the show was lousy at best. I read nothing about the concert in the local paper. National Public Radio was the only place I heard it mentioned. I received a notification email from the Friends of Tommy Emmanuel about his concert, and purchased my tickets immediately. That's how I got such great seats. There were a few open seats in the balcony. I believe if there would have been better advertising for the show, he could have filled a much larger venue. I was glad he was not at Blossom due to the temperature being in the 50's lat night.

Archived