Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite color...

The A-Man

is definately the old pink plush les paul cases, but I can't get my hands on one of 'em anywhere!!!!

The newer white plush is very cool, don't get me wrong, and I could see them being the "vintage look," in years to come, but does Gibson even produce the pink ones anymore?

The case for my Custom has a purple interior and I absolutely love it...sight and smell. Anybody else know what I'm talking about? It has such a sweet smell to it. I know it's the glue and I really shouldn't be inhaling it but it's soooo good! :P

For LPs, silverbursts are definitely my fav, followed by desertbursts. For anybody in the Burl. area, there's a GORGEOUS LP Standard at Long & McQuadel I'm surprised nobody's picked it up yet. It's not one of the seven LP colours listed on Gibson's website but man is it ever hot. If I didn't already have a Standard, I would definitely be buying this thing!

The case for my Custom has a purple interior and I absolutely love it...sight and smell. Anybody else know what I'm talking about? It has such a sweet smell to it. I know it's the glue and I really shouldn't be inhaling it but it's soooo good! O:)

For LPs' date=' silverbursts are definitely my fav, followed by desertbursts. For anybody in the Burl. area, there's a GORGEOUS LP Standard at Long & McQuadel I'm surprised nobody's picked it up yet. It's not one of the seven LP colours listed on Gibson's website but man is it ever hot. If I didn't already have a Standard, I would definitely be buying this thing![/quote']Tim, what's it like? Describe the finish... I couldn't never buy it, but I live relatively close, if I'm ever nearby I'll be sure to take a look.

I heard (for what it's worth) that Gibson had problems with the pink bleeding into the finish' date=' so they chose white. Any truth? No idea.

[/quote']

It's true I emailed Gibson reguarding it. The pink and black lined cases were replaced with the white because of the dye bleeding issue.

Archived