Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Supreme 3 PU 2014 Model

capmaster

Accidentally found a three-pickup Gibson Les Paul Supreme not listed on the Gibson website: http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_les_paul_supreme_3_pu_2.htm?offid=1&affid=1&subid=344744&subid2=Gibson+Les+Paul+Supreme+3+PU&origin=boost

It says 2014 Model but the serial number follows the code common since of mid-2004. Anybody heard about this one before?

Here's how it looks like:

9006814_800.jpg

9006834_800.jpg

9006839_800.jpg

9006829_800.jpg

I work at Sam Ash in Huntington NY. We have one of these limited Supremes on the wall. It is sweet and gorgeous. I'll take photos tomorrow and post them here. If anyone is interested in it, they can contact me!

Accidentally found a three-pickup Gibson Les Paul Supreme not listed on the Gibson website: http://www.thomann.d...PU&origin=boost

It says 2014 Model but the serial number follows the code common since of mid-2004. Anybody heard about this one before?

Here's how it looks like:

9006814_800.jpg

9006834_800.jpg

9006839_800.jpg

9006829_800.jpg

These were NAMM specials, thus the no 120th 12 fret. Custom shops and Memphis made do not have it either. Below are the pics of the one we have in the store. Anyone interested in it can contact me here via message or call me at the store and we can make a sweet deal (Sam Ash Store #2 Huntington NY (631) 421-9333)

4v1t00.jpg

2wbrtat.jpg

34q5ix3.jpg

2hp2b95.jpg

Great looking guitar .I wonder why Gibson did not put the 120 th logo on the 12th fret .

TOO MANY PICKUPS

At least not a modder's paradise because the pickup and jack plate routings are the only accesses to the circuit. I think retightening the toggle switch nut is a real challenge.

Beautiful guitar though. [wub]

However, it looks like you have some more nice Les Paul guitars to sell at Sam Ash #2 Huntington NY, Jason. [love][biggrin][thumbup]

We actually have a pretty impressive selection right now! msp_thumbup.gif

At least not a modder's paradise because the pickup and jack plate routings are the only accesses to the circuit. I think retightening the toggle switch nut is a real challenge.

Beautiful guitar though. [wub]

However, it looks like you have some more nice Les Paul guitars to sell at Sam Ash #2 Huntington NY, Jason. [love][biggrin][thumbup]

So you have to take the pot out though the pickup rout hole if it goes bad. L-A-M-E. I have alway thought the same of 335's. Why no control cover? Sometimes you have to think about the poor slob that has to work on it too, not just the player. Who many times is one in the same.

I wouldn't want any control cover on any guitar which not forcibly needs that. Replacing jack or pots of thinline semi-hollows is not funny, but I never encountered serious trouble doing it. It takes some more time I consider well spent.

The jackplate is larger than normal on the 3 pickup supreme. That is where you would replace the pots from, and that is very simple.

So you have to take the pot out though the pickup rout hole if it goes bad. L-A-M-E. I have alway thought the same of 335's. Why no control cover? Sometimes you have to think about the poor slob that has to work on it too, not just the player. Who many times is one in the same.

Archived