Gibson Brands Forums

Update on Sweetwater

MichaelDH

I went with a couple of co-workers to Sweetwater today to look for a few things. They are starting to set up a new clearance area in their store, primarily to sell demo/discontinued products. The sales rep mentioned to us that they will be adding quite a bit in the next few weeks and it sounded like a lot of it will be online as well.

They already have several acoustics and electrics, as well as amps and miscellaneous electronics in the area.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

I went with a couple of co-workers to Sweetwater today to look for a few things. They are starting to set up a new clearance area in their store, primarily to sell demo/discontinued products. The sales rep mentioned to us that they will be adding quite a bit in the next few weeks and it sounded like a lot of it will be online as well.

They already have several acoustics and electrics, as well as amps and miscellaneous electronics in the area.

Got my Gibson J-15 from Sweetwater after several good reviews of their service and i got 24 month financing, and they put new martin strings on mine free! Very impressed how they went the extra mile for a new customer, will order again someday. [thumbup]

LOVE me some Sweetwater Demo guitars !!, especially the ones they use in their video demos (the 'Cherry '62/50 Sheraton in their Demo vid is MINE)

and the demo Classic Player '60s Strat also arrived flawless, at a sweet discount!

I always shop there 1st!

Yawn [glare]

Sweetwater does Rock it is hard to beat their service and facility I was however a little disappointed this year when they finally were done with their highly touted expansion and did not increase their retail space one inch. In my opinion they could use bigger guitar areas especially the acoustic room. I have bought a couple guitars there, just recently the J-45.

I found my relationship with them jumped the shark when the calls started coming in to see how I liked the new strap I ordered.

I think it might depend on who your sales "engineer" is. I've never had any problem with mine. He usually sends me a follow up e-mail after my small purchases but he doesn't bug me. He's always there when I have a question about buying additional gear and gives good advice.

My assigned rep never bothers me. Our "relationship" is exactly what it should be. I buy stuff and he helps me spend my munny. We're not buddies, he doesn't send cards or flowers or ask about my family. I like it this way :)

My post-sales support experience has been phenomenal - the one time I sort of needed it.

I bought an acoustic guitar from SW. My A3M. It arrived in flawless condition, a beautiful instrument. I wanted to sand a bit off of the saddle, so I contacted SW support to see if they could run down the part for me. The support dude offered to have the guitar shipped back to them (their expense) to make adjustments for me. I assured him there was nothing wrong with the setup. I'm a tweaker and wanted to see how far I could go, hence the desire for a handy replacement. He said they would find the info for me and let me know.

A few days later a new saddle was in my PO box gratis. Not an expensive item, but the whole scenario was exactly as it should have been, with the offer to eat shipping cost and do a setup being above/beyond in my opinion.

I haven't ordered any guitars from them since then, but next time I'm faced with ordering a guitar online, I won't be as hesitant when ordering from them.

I'm sure this is true. Mine was condescending. Plenty of places to buy from. If you pro sweetwater guys are happy, I'm happy for you! No need to defend them - they just weren't for me. :)

Always follow up with pictures of the guitars I have bought and a thank you never have really bothered me...I can understand how they may not be for everyone, personally I like to have a assigned sales person it allows for a relationship to develop and that can play into the buyers hands when they need something out of the ordinary, like if there is issues with the product.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived