Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone limited edition emperor swingster CASE?????

rwfelton

what case will fit the epiphone swingster with the bigsby? the co. that i bought from sent me the EEMC case by epi. and it didn't work. the bigsby is too long to swing around and close. now the same guy is telling me the epi edread case will work.... it's a dreadnought case but the measurements seem to match up ok....

Won't it fit in the 940-E519 case. The Riviera fits it so all you have to do is rotate the bigsby arm to the rear. Oh now I see that the arm is a lot different and looks longer than on the Riviera. Worth a try though....

Steve

I have the same case.. that is the right one.

I've had it for a few years now,, it works as long as you position the chet wire right

(the arm should rest over the volume/tone controls like in between them)

go to this thread:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/99814-epi-emperor-swingster-royale-part-ii/page__hl__swingster__st__20

read the second page of posts.

One of the Customer Service guys add a photo that shows you how to fit it in the case with the chet wire

my case is poor. it won't even latch right. noting lines up straight so that might be the problem. i hate to say it but this thing has given me problems since day one. i get it new out of the box and the input jack has come unthreaded and is inside the guitar, the case doesn't work properly, the input jack keeps coming unthreaded every day or two, there is a heavy rattle coming from the first fret no matter how high or low the strings are and i've straightened the neck and set intonations etc. , and now all of a sudden (after spending one full night in its uneven case) it won't stay in tune. i think i will just read the signs and send it back. very disappointed. it sounds and looks amazing. but doesn't play so well.

yeah i sent it back. turns out the case had issues.... but the problem with the input constantly falling out and then the swing arm was already needing to be tightened up and i didn't even have it a week. too many problems. i think i'm going with the 2013 ES 339 studio with the single dirty fingers pickup and buying a bigsby and vibramate for it.

Archived