Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Epiphone Union Jack Sheraton waiting thread

sdgails

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine arrived on Friday and I can’t fault it! Paintwork is fine and it plays brilliantly. Well worth the 7 month wait [tongue]

I’ll post some pictures tonight.

Congradulations Ferdasyn! Glad to hear yours came in as you expected and that you are happy with it. Looking forward to the pics. :)

It is possible that some larger orders may be filled first, or at lease start to be filled, if not in their entirety, such as the MF order. 300 guitars is a LOT of guitars for one model.

If that is where their money is made, those orders might be taking priority over smaller orders such as Sweetwater's. I don't see Sweetwater ordering anywhere near 300 pieces.

It is possible that some larger orders may be filled first, or at lease start to be filled, if not in their entirety, such as the MF order. 300 guitars is a LOT of guitars for one model.

If that is where their money is made, those orders might be taking priority over smaller orders such as Sweetwater's. I don't see Sweetwater ordering anywhere near 300 pieces.

I think Dawsons UK had about 17 or so . I got number 393.

When I last spoke to Dawson's in Basingstoke they said that they had only been allocated 28 guitars and they were not sure when these were arriving.

Mine arrived Friday with rust on the tailpiece, thankfully they set it up for me ( as the action was to high ) and then polished the rust off as I refuse to pay this much for an imperfect guitar.

Just about to go into the studio with it tonight!!

Over on the Sweetwater site, they now have more pictures of the Union Jack. Since MF got them in, I'm guessing that Sweetwater may either have them in but haven't changed their website, or they are going to get them in very soon.

This is just speculation on my part, but I'm trying to think positively.

Sweetwater website says they recd confiirmation from Epiphone that they will be shipping soon and the orders will be shipped the day they rec. them...Thats a short time for the 55 pt.inspection.:-)

Yes it is a short amount of time for the inspection from Sweetwater. However, I would not accept one unless it is totally satisfactory, since Epiphone USA also was to inspect them before they are released.

If two different sets of inspections don't find a problem, and one exists, then both parties to the inspection process are negligent, and should be made aware of it.

1414763339[/url]' post='1584602']

Yes it is a short amount of time for the inspection from Sweetwater. However, I would not accept one unless it is totally satisfactory, since Epiphone USA also was to inspect them before they are released.

If two different sets of inspections don't find a problem, and one exists, then both parties to the inspection process are negligent, and should be made aware of it.

Oh, believe me...they will be made aware!

I'm wondering if Sweetwater is blowing smoke about getting them in a 'few Weeks' ever since MF claims they have them in stock and ready to ship now...and don't want those of us who ordered from them to cancel and order from MF.With all this waiting and promises i am getting a bit skeptical .

I am putting money down towards one until I have enough to have one sent. I set up an account so that I would be able to see my past, and current purchases. On the list is a UJ, so I know they will have one reserved. I am hoping to have it paid in full by the end of November.

I may be wrong, (and usully am), but if for some reason Sweetwater doesn't get their allotment until sometime in December, I don't think MF will have them all sold out in a short amount of time. However, if you have already got the money for one, and are antsy about waiting, you could always get one from MF, and if it is not to your satisfaction, simply return it and ask for another one.

If you do that, make sure you copy down the serial number, so they don't just re-send you the same guitar.

There will be other dealers getting them as well, including Zzounds, and American Musical Supplies, so there should be plenty to go around.

While I know there are players waiting for these, I would be really surprised to see them all gone overnight.

I was told by Sweetwater that they only had six remaining Vox UJ wah's left, so I bought one immediately. That was 2 weeks ago, and they still list them as in stock on their site.

Does it seem that we, who are excited about getting an Epi UJ, feel that everyone else is also waiting for these, but not talking, and will have them all sold immediately? I wonder how many were pre-ordered by players at MF?

1414769041[/url]' post='1584626']

I am putting money down towards one until I have enough to have one sent. I set up an account so that I would be able to see my past, and current purchases. On the list is a UJ, so I know they will have one reserved. I am hoping to have it paid in full by the end of November.

I may be wrong, (and usully am), but if for some reason Sweetwater doesn't get their allotment until sometime in December, I don't think MF will have them all sold out in a short amount of time. However, if you have already got the money for one, and are antsy about waiting, you could always get one from MF, and if it is not to your satisfaction, simply return it and ask for another one.

If you do that, make sure you copy down the serial number, so they don't just re-send you the same guitar.

There will be other dealers getting them as well, including Zzounds, and American Musical Supplies, so there should be plenty to go around.

While I know there are players waiting for these, I would be really surprised to see them all gone overnight.

I was told by Sweetwater that they only had six remaining Vox UJ wah's left, so I bought one immediately. That was 2 weeks ago, and they still list them as in stock on their site.

Does it seem that we, who are excited about getting an Epi UJ, feel that everyone else is also waiting for these, but not talking, and will have them all sold immediately? I wonder how many were pre-ordered by players at MF?

Good question....Gawd, do you realize that thus thread now has over 200 posts? geez Louise!

1414769826[/url]' post='1584633']

Mine arrived a week ago and I'm very happy with it. I can't find any faults in either the finish or the playability.

Pre-ordered from Dawsons Music UK back in March.

Good to know podnah...play it in good health...Make Noel proud!

Archived