Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Epiphone Union Jack Sheraton waiting thread

sdgails

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

La music in Canada had a delivery I think in July, from the pics they posted online the serial number is April 14! I wonder weather the rest of the batch wasn't right or it's just a shipment problem? To be honest epiphone just seem to be a bit useless on the customer care side of things, they told me in July they didn't know what the problem was or when they would be available. As long as I get it this year and it's perfect it doesn't really matter though, I'll take bad customer service for a good guitar!

The on-line stores all seem to be saying "Pre-Order Now". Do you suppose that they are getting a head-count of the number of guitars to manufacture?

I have to wonder how many people want their guitar to resemble a flag. If I were a mom-and-pop guitar store, I don't think I would be stocking one.

I got the email from Epiphone in March announcing the Union Jack so I called Dawsons Music (UK) that day and pre-ordered it. They told at the time I would have it on or around the 20th of June.

I called them on the 20th of June and was told Epiphone had a ‘problem shipping them out’ so I would now have it on the 15th of July.

On the 15th of July I was told to now expect it September/October.

The only info online is either here on this site, LA Music’s photos or people complaining to Epiphone via their website/Twitter – the silence from Epiphone is absolutely deafening!

I'm still waiting, Sweetwater rep still says ship date of Hollowe'n...no biggie, I can wait, got plenty of axes to keep me busy, just made my final payment on my Martin Dreadnought,

I'm financing the Union Jack thru Sweetwater, 24 montys , no interest...

Can't beat that with a bat.

I'm still waiting, Sweetwater rep still says ship date of Hallowe'en...no biggie, I can wait, got plenty of axes to keep me busy, just made my final payment on my Martin Dreadnought,

I'm financing the Union Jack thru Sweetwater, 24 months , no interest...

Can't beat that with a bat.

I've had my preorder on since April and have been waiting anxiously since then. Each month of course I received that dreaded email saying that me "backordered" item has had the ship date pushed to roughly a month later and now I'm just depressed.

Excited to play this thing, I have an original Supernova and LOVE the new one. I just don't believe it will ever be delivered!

FYI - I ordered from Musiciansfriend.com and my new tentative ship date is scheduled for October 31st... ugh!

They're waiting for the results of this week's referendum to see if Scotland will separate. If so, the Union Jack will be no more and the guitars will be refinished with whatever the new flag will look like. LOLOLOL :blink:

I'll take a Sheraton in Tartan Plaid, any Clan will do.

Thank you . [biggrin]

Hi,

Thanks for the email. This model is now shipping to dealers. For information regarding your order, please contact the dealer with whom placed the order. Unfortunately, we are unable to check into stock or individual order status. For this information, please have your dealer contact their Epiphone Sales Representative with the order details, as they can help. Thanks again.

Jon Sutherland

Gibson Customer Service

1-800-4GIBSON

www.gibson.com

They're waiting for the results of this week's referendum to see if Scotland will separate. If so, the Union Jack will be no more and the guitars will be refinished with whatever the new flag will look like. LOLOLOL :blink:

Hopefully I won't have to pay any import duties to get it over the border to Scotland [biggrin]

Hi,

Thanks for the email. This model is now shipping to dealers. For information regarding your order, please contact the dealer with whom placed the order. Unfortunately, we are unable to check into stock or individual order status. For this information, please have your dealer contact their Epiphone Sales Representative with the order details, as they can help. Thanks again.

Whoa, wait...Am I dreaming?

Did I just read what I thought I did?

Yowser!

Jon Sutherland

Gibson Customer Service

1-800-4GIBSON

www.gibson.com

Emailed my rep today in the off chance there's been any update, he said:

'We've been told that these are shipping now, along with a few other ltd run models, so we should get them on our next shipment.

The last time I checked that was meant to arrive in the first couple of weeks of October (so it's a little earlier than the 31st)

We will try to get as accurate a time as possible, though that will only become possible nearer the time.'

Good day to you all. I'm new here and about to pre-order a Union Jack, my first Epiphone, although I've been playing quite a while.

There is no place near me to try a Sheraton I out, although I have seen them in pictures. Also, I haven't been able to play an Epiphone semi since they were started to be made in china, where I believe this one will be made.

Does anyone here know from information gathered about this new release as to the quality of this piece, please?

Thank you for any information you may be able to offer.

Stephen

Archived