Gibson Brands Forums

Thinking of pulling the trigger on another LP

saturn

Why on earth would you want to buy something that old, when you could get a new one for a fraction of the price?

Ian

[biggrin] Good point. [lol]

Anyway, you should take a new set of tuners into account in case you want to play her. Of course, you will have to save the stock ones securely on the shelf for maintaining collector's value.

[biggrin] Good point. [lol]

Anyway, you should take a new set of tuners into account in case you want to play her. Of course, you will have to save the stock ones securely on the shelf for maintaining collector's value.

Yeah... its a perfect choice to install min e tune on [razz]

Hmm...looks like it could use a Floyd, maybe route it out for a third pickup and swap for EMG's...maybe a Roland GK pickup as well...route it for a B-Bender while we're at it...and Min-ETune as Rabs suggested.

I can hear the collectors of the world sobbing already.

-Ryan

LogMin-Etune2_zps2d1d1f32.jpg

Nice find, Rabs! [biggrin][thumbup]

Hmm...looks like it could use a Floyd, maybe route it out for a third pickup and swap for EMG's...maybe a Roland GK pickup as well...route it for a B-Bender while we're at it...and Min-ETune as Rabs suggested.

I can hear the collectors of the world sobbing already.

-Ryan

Wouldn't have thought that before, but your lines are making me a collector. ;)

Jeez.... local pickup only? For that price you think they could offer free shipping. :rolleyes:

Would feel better transporting her myself in my car, but due to value I perhaps couldn't resist the feeling of carrying a house including estate. [unsure]

Though I wouldn't mount it, at that price even I'd insist on supply of the original pickguard including screws as pictured here. It obviously made for leaving a small area of original dye:

od0owpo9rvzjvnbhujhv.jpg

I hope Joe Bonamassa won't pick up this one. I wouldn't want to see her top-wrapped. [crying]

Wonder if the little lady would be ok with me selling the house for this? It would be an investment after all. [biggrin]

Buying her in 1959 for a few hundreds, or for somewhat less at a blowout in 1960 would have been an investment. For the successors, that is! ;)

Man, the prices on this things are out of control, they do not look much different than a current reissue in person, nothing that matters really.

They won't get that for it. $200k maybe. Which is still sick $ for a guitar mind you.

It was a joke, bro. Like half a mil and no free shipping, WTF.

No problem so far, the seller argued with insurance problems, too. Might apply in general, don't know too much about that.

In the pharmaceutical industry, we often have to deal with goods of less weight and a multiple of value compared to a vintage guitar, but at least here the insurance of pharmaceutical goods is very different from everything else. E. g. every transportation is previously assured by the customer, and any insurance by freight forwarders is definitely prohibited.

Archived