Gibson Brands Forums

NGD that took FOREVER

NHTom

Ok, I put this beauty on lay away quite a while ago...........two major car repairs later and I figured it would be gone, but my local shop always tells me, "six weeks, but if you are making progress, its ok"........well thanks to their very patient attitude, she'd finally here........

2012 Gibson Les Paul Special Pro

101_0430_zps7fdf066e.jpg

The yellow in the pictures is an issue with my camera......I'll get better pics soon.

101_0431_zps50d2e038.jpg

101_0432_zps0ffc5339.jpg

490R neck and HB3 Bridge both with push/pull coil split, 60's neck.

NHTom

That's why I never do lay away. Too risky. Congrads on making it all work out! Nice guitar!! [thumbup]

Yes, I agree, but the other great thing about my local shop is they well do a credit OR refund if you can't make it happen......great deal all the way around.

NHTom

Yes, I agree, but the other great thing about my local shop is they well do a credit OR refund if you can't make it happen......great deal all the way around.

NHTom

For me, this would mean increased danger, more precisely for my wallet. [unsure]

OK, here is a better picture.......more cherry than the bright red it looks like in my first pics..........

2012GibsonLesPaulSpecialPro_zps10f6217c.jpg

First opinion about it............LOVE the neck. It's like a cross between my Explorer and my Charvel which are my two favorite necks ever. These only came in two colors.....the cherry was 60's and the burst was 50's.

Second.......with this one and my 2001 Special in hand, it is VERY light...not something I normally even look at or notice, but very light...I'll try to get a scale.

Third........NO offense to anyone, but I love glossy finish......some beautiful fadeds/vintage gloss/vos, etc guitars out there, but I do LOVE gloss.

and as with any new addition, the obligatory updated family shot........

101_0435_zpsa460d58d.jpg

Tone report soon.

NHTom

That's a very nice family shot Tom.

It makes me want to increase my family.

But my wife says our family is big enough... +:-@ +:-@

I tell her it's not like I have to feed or cloth them I just spend time with them....

I get no no.. [-X [-X

For me, this would mean increased danger, more precisely for my wallet. [unsure]

BIG issue for me........for the last 3 guitars, it has been pick one up and put the next on lay away......had to stop.....lol.

Next is an amp upgrade for me.

NHTom

great guitar Tom. and i think thats the advantage to dealing with a local mom & pop store, vs a big chain. im assuming it was a family owned music store, where they were forgiving and flexible. the store i always deal with here is a privately family owned business. I give them 99% of all my business. and subsequently they give me exceptional deals.

OK, here is a better picture.......more cherry than the bright red it looks like in my first pics..........

2012GibsonLesPaulSpecialPro_zps10f6217c.jpg

First opinion about it............LOVE the neck. It's like a cross between my Explorer and my Charvel which are my two favorite necks ever. These only came in two colors.....the cherry was 60's and the burst was 50's.

Second.......with this one and my 2001 Special in hand, it is VERY light...not something I normally even look at or notice, but very light...I'll try to get a scale.

Third........NO offense to anyone, but I love glossy finish......some beautiful fadeds/vintage gloss/vos, etc guitars out there, but I do LOVE gloss.

and as with any new addition, the obligatory updated family shot........

Tone report soon.

NHTom

Man that shot got to me. All I need to know now is your address and when you're gone at work [drool]

[biggrin]

Okay - all kidding aside (not really in regards to wanting that guitar) that's a beautiful guitar my friend. I love glossy finish heritage cherry on any Gibson (the only one I own in that finish is my SG Standard) and it just screams G-I-B-S-O-N! I love it man. Enjoy the hell out of that one. I know she plays as good as she looks. [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

great guitar Tom. and i think thats the advantage to dealing with a local mom & pop store, vs a big chain. im assuming it was a family owned music store, where they were forgiving and flexible. the store i always deal with here is a privately family owned business. I give them 99% of all my business. and subsequently they give me exceptional deals.

Yes, family owned business that has grown steadily. I even volunteered last summer when they moved a block away to a new location to help move.....spent the day carrying guitars in each hand down the sidewalk to the new store..........

I used to work in a shop in the 80's and therefore know how much work goes into it. We have three GC's about the same distance away from me, but these guys get 99% of my business for that reason. Good local shop's are a valuable asset to have.

NHTom

Sweet Axe, Tom!

I was wondering what you meant about the 'yellow' issue but 'all was revealed' later!

And Surfpup hit it right with his 'workhorse' comment; that thing will be a real Player!

HNGD!...........[thumbup]

P.

I agree with you and Surfpup. I would love a beautiful vintage cream LP custom, but it's just not in the cards for my financially. I have become addicted to these LP Specials. The "workhorse" comment really sums them up in my opinion.......built like a tank, play like a more expensive guitar, sound like a more expensive guitar, very affordable, etc, etc, etc.

They just feel so at home in the "Put it on ten and rip the knobs off" mentality that they are hard to find fault with. Definitely not for everyone, but I love them.

As a Joan Jett, Johnny Thunders, Social Distortion (Johnny Wickersham), fan, I even appreciate the stripped down style of the specials. Just great no-frills, rock and roll "workhorses".

NHTom

Archived