Gibson Brands Forums

Once again the Beatles were first

cookieman15061

Great Snap!

Gives another meaning to the phrase "Take a bow, Ringo".

[thumbup]

Ah, Godley and Creme- genius at work. Absolute top shelf for me.

Agreed in full measure, Starpeeve.

Tangentially;

I was remembering it was the EBow which they invented but, of course, I was remembering wrong!

A journalist at the time blamed the EBow, sorry, the Gizmo for the break-up of 10CC. Don't know how accurate that was but it surprised me back in the day.

The Wiki article also suggests there is some considerable truth to this theory;

"Godley and Creme left 10cc to create Consequences which was intended to be a promotional album to market the "Gizmo".

Whether or not there were other factors involved in the break-up are unclear.

P.

Have you ever heard Consequences? What the hell was that mess? They left 10CC to do that.

I was thinking more 'Freeze Frame' and 'Ismism' ( different title over there) . Though I daresay I'd like 'Consequences' if I gave it a go. Can't think of anything I've heard of theirs that I didn't like. Or at least appreciate for it's cleverness and skill.

Ringo is not a joke. He is the luckiest man on earth. He made millions just chilling and smacking the drums.

Smacking the drums BADLY I think you meant to say! Have you seen him playing alongside Levon Helm (RIP) in The Last Waltz? YIKES!!! Bad idea for him to play with the great Mr Helm :rolleyes:

Ringo lucky? I'll say he's lucky. He got the Beatles gig and married a Bond girl (a fantasy of every man in the 60's I would imagine)

_55937289_013122979-1_zpsc31a4b55.jpg

But seriously I'd say Ringo was the perfect drummer for the lads from Liverpool who were more than a band, they were a cultural phenomenon. I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that changing any one of the fab four might have meant that there might not have been a fab four at all. And besides, Ringo was a very respected drummer when he was asked to join the band. Not as flashy as some, but as steady as any. Just what they needed.

Ringo's a great drummer! Try keeping up with the wide variety of musical stylings of Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison,

while inventing wonderful dittys, and approaches, to make the songs, what they were/are, in their totality. When

you've done as much, and done it as tastefully, and well, then you can "criticize!" Criticizing, on forums, of quite

viable musicians, who've done far more than anyone here has, has become a cliche'! While you're free to do that,

unless you can do better, and accomplish all they have, I'd keep quiet.

Liking/Loving, a particular musician (or, anyone else) is not required. But, proper respect for those who've accomplished

so much, given back so much, and those who continue to do it right, is...IMHO. [tongue][biggrin]

CB

well CB in my case I'd better start respecting Billy Ray Cyrus, Milli Vanilli, Black Lace and basically most everyone who ever did anything musically - this is gonna be a bit challenging but i'll try.

LOL...well, we all have our crosses, to bear! [flapper][biggrin] "I" wouldn't (personally) put

those folks in the same catagory as The Beatles, but...that's just me.

CB

Archived