Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Vintage G-400

ChuckUSA

Got to looking on my local craigslist and found an Epiphone Vintage G-400. After txting a bit with the guy I got a price of $100 to get it, but I gotta drive 60 miles there and back to pick it up.

Anyone got any vids or sound files of how theirs sound?? I just want to listen to what someone elses sounds like to compare it to mine when I get it.

Got to looking on my local craigslist and found an Epiphone Vintage G-400. After txting a bit with the guy I got a price of $100 to get it, but I gotta drive 60 miles there and back to pick it up.

Anyone got any vids or sound files of how theirs sound?? I just want to listen to what someone elses sounds like to compare it to mine when I get it.

stock they sound ok but for 100 bucks, I say go for it.

What year is it from? Do you have pictures of it or a link to the CL ad? I have a 2001 model and i think it sounds great through my Mesa Boogie Dual Rec. Good ol' fashioned rock 'n roll.

If it's in good shape $100 is a great deal.

The guy took down the craigslist ad for me and is saving the guitar for me, what a nice dude huh!! I am prety sure its at least a 2004 model because the truss rod cover says SG on it. Tried to attach files below.. Thanks for the replys!!

post-67544-024653400 1410881363_thumb.jpg

post-67544-097119900 1410881372_thumb.jpg

It's hard to tell the condition of the guitar from those two pictures. Looks okay, but if you decide to take a look at it, make sure to take a look down the fretboard, from that first picture it looks like the neck may be a little warped.

The neck may be perfectly straight but from that picture it looks a little twisted...could just be the camera or my eyes.

So if it looks good, grab it!

From those pictures it is NOT a Vintage model, it is the newer worn/faded model. There is a considerable difference between the two... the Vintage model has a fully bound neck, the neck is also one piece and there is no veneer on the body. It is probably the best dollar for dollar guitar Epi ever released. They do not come up for sale that often and if you find one under $300 or so, it is a great deal. But even the newer model is a bargain at $100.

http://www.epiphone....g-Up-The-I.aspx

EDIT: The vintage model was discontinued in 2006 or 2007 I believe so that one is probably made around 2008 or newer.

Hey thanks for the help. I will post the serial number when I get it. The guy says its in perfect condition so I am pretty sure it should be nice.

What model is it called specificly?? Where can I read up on it?? And year, body neck material pickups ect??? I want to study up on this axe..

Is it most likely this model???

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/SG/Worn-G-400.aspx

Hey thanks for the help. I will post the serial number when I get it. The guy says its in perfect condition so I am pretty sure it should be nice.

What model is it called specificly?? Where can I read up on it?? And year, body neck material pickups ect??? I want to study up on this axe..

Is it most likely this model???

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/SG/Worn-G-400.aspx

yep, that's what it looks like

The pic of the Worn Cherry shows The Epi logo written in gold on the headstock.

The pic the OP provided clearly shows pearloid inlay.

the pic of the Worn Cherry also shows the older style truss rod cover (the pic on the website is old.)

the pic the OP provided also clearly shows that the truss rod cover, like most plastic, has a gloss look. the headstock does not appear to have a gloss finish.

the OP also said that the seller referred to the guitar as a Vintage G-400 which is often mistaken for the Worn G-400.

also, the Epi logo's color can vary from factory to factory and year to year

Lol I am going to go with faded G-400 hahah.. Shoot I dont know thats why I asked you guys lol...msp_flapper.gif

I guess we will know when I get her home and put up the serial #??

you'll know when you see it in person. from the pictures it looks like a worn cherry.

Archived