Gibson Brands Forums

EF 500 RA NS

Nyghthawk

I've been watching it but I'm so satisfied with my DR500MNA that I don't think it's a necessity for me.

Aw c'mon, Lucille, "necessity" is not one of the symptoms of chronic GAS. [flapper] I've already got an RA, but if the price is ridiculously low, I'd get another. At least it moved off the $190 mark. And you never know about snipers (which is how I bid - why give other bidders information if you don't have to?) Three hours left! Somebody's going to get a very nice Masterbilt.

Aw c'mon, Lucille, "necessity" is not one of the symptoms of chronic GAS. [flapper] I've already got an RA, but if the price is ridiculously low, I'd get another. At least it moved off the $190 mark. And you never know about snipers (which is how I bid - why give other bidders information if you don't have to?) Three hours left! Somebody's going to get a very nice Masterbilt.

Ah but Cougar...... that's why I sold off all my other guitars.

They just sat around not being played any longer. Why not let them get used as they should be.

I had 27 guitars now I only have four of which I almost exclusively play just one. my DR500. Even my Lucille only gets very limited use now.

At 70 plus years of age I have finally recovered from GAS. I had it big time for most of my life but now I'm happy sitting on the porch playing my Masterbilt [thumbup]

I still like to look at them and cruise the net to see what's out there but I really have no desire for any more of them.

... now I'm happy sitting on the porch playing my Masterbilt...

Well, damn glad to hear it, Lucille.[thumbup]

I was also glad to see that RA on ebay went for a fairly large price - all within that last minute or so. Final bid $510, + 45 shipping. I hope somebody here got it. RAs are really stunning guits.

Well, damn glad to hear it, Lucille.[thumbup]

I was also glad to see that RA on ebay went for a fairly large price - all within that last minute or so. Final bid $510, + 45 shipping. I hope somebody here got it. RAs are really stunning guits.

Man congrats if someone did get it here because I was hot on there trial ! LMAO I emailed the seller for more info especially for the abalone inlay in some photos it almost looked as if it was off and ( I read some info stating that to have been an issue with some of these models ) meaning not laid correctly but I really could not see a good enough close up but no matter they never contacted me back . :( But I was going to bid and then that dang 510 popped up and my eyes popped out and the little voice in my head said the wife will kill you ! so I said to much money and it was more then I felt is was worth again not knowing anything about this guitar but I know more now .

So I'm still on the hunt and for some reason now after this event I feel like the price is more understandable so next time we'll see but I might venture to another brand if a deal is to be had :)

PS still loving my DR500mce after my last set up and intonation adjust ,new nut and saddle this guitar will be with me till the end or unless some steals it .... My luither said it's one hell of a guitar and he's worked on a few others with major problems it seems he now has a new appreciation which makes me feel good :)

Ok later play well my friends :)

Man congrats if someone did get it here because I was hot on there trial ! LMAO

Sorry you didn't get it, man!

But I was going to bid and then that dang 510 popped up and my eyes popped out and the little voice in my head said the wife will kill you !

Hahaha. Yeah, I was going to bid if the price + shipping didn't go over $400, but with 10 or 20 minutes left, it was already up there. So I was actually relieved. I already have a nice one! The last bidder sniped it inside 20 seconds. You never know - he could have put in $600. He only had to beat $500, which was entered 5 days ago, but only "showed" inside the last minute.

So I'm still on the hunt and for some reason now after this event I feel like the price is more understandable so next time we'll see but I might venture to another brand if a deal is to be had :)

I got a great EF500MNS from a tip on this board. ;)

Cougar you have one right ? Does anyone here have any demos ? Man it kind of bites to hear all this talk about guitars and not hear them lol .

So after the bidding was over I talked to wife so she's on board pressure off thank you Venus hahaha.

So I been looking at blue ridge be183 at let that go again stupid me lol

Also now looking at the guild gad F-130 and gunna let that go .... Though the reviews are very good but take that anyway ya want .

So I'm bugged and confused at the same time eBay is weirding me out why would someone pay almost retail for anything to save not much of a buck vrs warrantys and a better

take it back this one sucks option lmao .

Yeah so does this happen ? I was watching a blue ridge br180 fair price at first but it was described as being an adirondack top where down in the specs it said Sitka top so what was it ?

Sitka you get new for 1145,or ad I on sale for 996 or something Dont quote me but prices from maurys music .

In my day used was half of retail gosh sounds like I'm old lol but really come on lmao

Anyway my hunt is on because that dang ef500ra is ingrained mostly because of my Dr500mce

I found allegiance in Epi and have high hopes of expending the masterbilt lines but ......

So EF500RA you will be mine and you and my Dr500mce will harmoniously dance with the music I write so it is said and will be ! Bwahahahaha ...... Errr ... Yeah good O'l sweet music . LOL

Archived