Gibson Brands Forums

Case question

kccheers

I picked up a pretty cool Epi LP Jr P90 in TV Gloss Yellow today. I have a case question. Will the Epi LP case fit, or will the body be too thin. I believe that I read once that an Epi SG case would work and fit the thinner body. Any ideas?

Thanx in advance....

The standard les paul case will fit like a glove.

I picked up a pretty cool Epi LP Jr P90 in TV Gloss Yellow today. I have a case question. Will the Epi LP case fit, or will the body be too thin. I believe that I read once that an Epi SG case would work and fit the thinner body. Any ideas?

Thanx in advance....

Hi Guys!!!

(Just back from 5 months of camping)

Kccheers,

An SG and a LP Jr. are no where near the same shape and, as thin as they are, they are not the same thickness.

As to LP's....

A Junior, although the same shape, is thinner than a Studio, Standard or Custom. (considerably)

This causes the body to lay lower in the case. It can cause the neck to ride up across the neck support. (just before the pocket.)

This can cause the headstock to sit quite high in the case.........Not Really Good When You Close The Top?!?!?....sometimes...

Personally, I wouldn't chance it.

You have a few choices.

Don't worry about it and take a chance on a messed up neck.

Add a towel or thick rag under the body!!!..(Simple enough,ain't it?)

Buy a gig bag instead of a case.

Look around and consider other brands of cases beside Epiphone.....SKB???

Or.... you can do as I did for my grandson's L.P. Special II......(Same size and THICKNESS as a Junior)

A quick trip to a fabric store for some high density foam, some glue and some fabric. (I did make some templets out of construction paper.)

IMG_1364.jpg........IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg........photo2.jpg

Best of luck,

Willy

Archived