Gibson Brands Forums

56 Gibson ES125

Wud

Nice find, Wud! Should clean up nicely.

I have a '53 that I am very attached to. What else are you looking for other than a knob(or two)?

Rod

The Pick Guard and support that goes with it , I HOPE is all im gonna need

Ah Yeah....the guard!

Repro replacements are available.....or period correct can be had at a cost. Do some googling on the net and you will find what you need.

Just did a search on Ebay.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gibson-ES-125-pickguard-ES-125t-ES-125-1959-1960-1962-1962-1964-2-/321343019497?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad18959e9

Best of luck!

Ah Yeah....the guard!

Due to the eventual off-gassing deterioration of ALL vintage celluloid pickguards, I DO NOT recommend ever using a "vintage" pickguard for ANY restoration project.

Get yourself a NEW reproduction (or replacement) so as to reset the disintegration clock back to zero.

Due to the eventual off-gassing deterioration of ALL vintage celluloid pickguards, I DO NOT recommend ever using a "vintage" pickguard for ANY restoration project.

Get yourself a NEW reproduction (or replacement) so as to reset the disintegration clock back to zero.

I purchased a Repro off ebay , and you may be right . Always on the look out for vintage if i can get them . Hard to come by though

Yes ....good advice, Larry!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived