Gibson Brands Forums

HVGD to me!

dougg330

Happy vintage guitar day to me!

Picked up a really clean 1963 Epiphone Granada... missing the end peg strap pin, and with a couple of small scrapes on the back of the headstock, but other than that, minty clean. Sorry for the extraneous '62 Sorrento reissue headstock shot that snuck in - rushing too much when I copied pix.

Wonderful action, great acoustic projection. Finish is unchecked. No scrapes, dents or wear spots on the neck. Yeah, the Melody Maker is on its last, microphonic legs, but that can be dealt with.

I'm in Epi heaven once again. I'm thinking about sending the pickup to Lindy Fralin for rewinding, but I'm open to other good suggestions from this august group.

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

Very nice!

For those who don't know (I didn't), this guitar is the Epiphone equivalent of the Gibson ES-120T. They cost less to produce because the pickguard assembly, which holds all the guitar's electronics, was made off the guitar. It was then "dropped in" to the body as the last assembly step. The front of the guitar is routed like a small swimming pool to accomodate the pickguard and pickups/electronics. This is why the guitar only has one "f" hole.

Curtis Novak is someone to consider sending the pickup to for rewinding.

Very nice!

For those who don't know (I didn't), this guitar is the Epiphone equivalent of the Gibson ES-120T. They cost less to produce because the pickguard assembly, which holds all the guitar's electronics, was made off the guitar. It was then "dropped in" to the body as the last assembly step. The front of the guitar is routed like a small swimming pool to accomodate the pickguard and pickups/electronics. This is why the guitar only has one "f" hole.

Curtis Novak is someone to consider sending the pickup to for rewinding.

Thanks - I'll check that out.

Archived