Gibson Brands Forums

I did it!!!

espgnlo

Well after months of contemplation I finally did it! I ordered a new Gibson J-200 Sunburst! I placed the order with Jon at My Favorite Guitars this afternoon. What great people to deal with. I would highly recommend them to anyone here. I thought after getting my Hummingbird last November I was done. But...I wonder if reading this forum was any encouragement? The only thing missing from my herd was a maple guitar. I decided hey...I might as well go top of line.

Unfortunately we are about 3 weeks out until they can ship it. Can you tell I'm excited? When the new guitar comes I'll try to get some pics out! I just wanted to share my excitement!

I can't understand why you feel the need to have a Hummingbird and a J200 :)

Gibson '51 LG1/'53 J50/'04 Chet Atkins CG/'08 AJ Walnut/'10 J45 Legend/'10 JB/'14 J200 STD/'12 J200 Custom RW/'07 J200 CUSTOM KOA/ '14 J45 TV/'13 HB/'13 ES 175/'13 J185/'94 1933 Century of Progress/'14 LesPaulStd/'29 Uke1/50's Uke1/'14 F5L Fern Mandolin

Martin '08 D28 Elvis Presley/'11 Martin D41 special/'14 All Koa Custom/Martin 12-string/'14 5K UKULELE KOA

'65 Gretsch Country Gentleman/'73 Gretsch Super Chet

814CE Taylor

Ovation '70 Tornado

'61 Kay 6-string

'12 Fender Tele Select Viola/'14 FENDER HARD ROCK/'07 TELE STD/ '96 TELE B BENDER

'11 Anuenue Oahu Koa III Tenor Ukulele

'50's Roy Smeck Uke

Martin 5K

Custom replica of '20's Gibson poinsettia

Maestro Monkey Pod Concert

Congrats on the new J200. Big sound machine. .........There's no end to buying guitars. Couldn't count the number of times I've figured that I had all the guitars I needed. Since mid-June I've bought a Gibson AJ and a J15, and now I'm in the market for an American Eagle or another small body. .......Enjoy the ride!........almost forgot--picked-up a used HD28 about a month ago. Finally got a Martin back in the house.

Back in 2005 my collection peaked at 37 guitars. I decided to thin the herd and went thru a 2-year period of selling, trading, donating, and whittling down the wood to make room in my small home studio. I told myself to keep only the essential guitars that I needed. By 2008 I had downsized to 10 instruments and I told myself I didn't need any other guitars. But, they keep making them! Therein lies the problem. Now I am back up to 28 guitars and contemplating the purchase of a new Western Classic. Where will it end?

Congratulations! Hanging around here has absolutely NOTHING to do with wanting/buying more guitars! We're all paragons of self-control! Pics when you get it, please. BTW, Jon Garon down there at MFG is good people all the way. He's a couple of hours away from me but I'm afraid of what I'd come home with if I went down there since he's become a Gibson dealer. [smile]

Here's mine:

DSC01367.jpg

I take it my fellow forum members think I should get another Gibson to balance things out. Well never say never. Except I probably should wait for my new one to come until I plan my next. It looks like I'll be in some good company with other fellow SJ-200 owners.

I can't say enough about how I have been treated so far by My Favorite Guitars. They do what they say and are nice people besides. I wish I only live a couple of hours away like jannusguy2, I'd definitely check out their store and get to know them better in person. And believe me cameleye I am savoring the anticipation till that nice brown or white truck makes a stop in front of my door!

Archived