Gibson Brands Forums

Min Etune Wiggle

SOVA_2014

I have a 2013 60s Tribute with Min-Etune that was manufactured in 12/2012. This is a nice guitar and the Min-Etune seems to work well.

I've not had this very long and I've never used this type of system before and I have one concern. The plastic buttons on the tuners are somewhat loose or perhaps its the shafts of the tuners that seem loose. Its not a lot but they will wiggle. You can tune it by hand, it gives a little resistance and then you can hear the gears moving. I've detuned it several times and let the robot retune it and its perfect. I'm not use to any play in the tuners with the manual systems.I wanted to ask others who have this system if their tuners have some wiggle as well and if this is normal for this system. I really like this guitar and the Min-Etune tuner but if this isn't right then I want to get it fixed. Thanks much.

Guest Farnsbarns

I have a 2013 60s Tribute with Min-Etune that was manufactured in 12/2012. This is a nice guitar and the Min-Etune seems to work well.

I've not had this very long and I've never used this type of system before and I have one concern. The plastic buttons on the tuners are somewhat loose or perhaps its the shafts of the tuners that seem loose. Its not a lot but they will wiggle. You can tune it by hand, it gives a little resistance and then you can hear the gears moving. I've detuned it several times and let the robot retune it and its perfect. I'm not use to any play in the tuners with the manual systems.I wanted to ask others who have this system if their tuners have some wiggle as well and if this is normal for this system. I really like this guitar and the Min-Etune tuner but if this isn't right then I want to get it fixed. Thanks much.

I don't own one, have played with one, didn't notice that lash but would think it's normal, especially if all 6 have the lash.

Thanks for your comment. This doesn't seem to be of interest to anyone else. Perhaps you are correct. If all six do the same thing that's it. I was just wondering about anyone else who noticed this. Its a neat system though I don't relish changing the strings on it.

Archived