Gibson Brands Forums

J 200 parlor (rosewood)

JuanCarlosVejar

Great sound, but why call it "parlor." It's a full-sized J200. Big and deep sound. I like that a lot. Sounds like my J150 which is a big sound monster. I don't understand why they don't just call it a J200 (Rosewood). I bet that some people are going to automatically think it's a small J200, kind of like the Emmylou Harris model. To me it looks small in the video, but it's identical to the maple aside from the wood. Anyway, the guitar is real serious about volume. [thumbup]

Why does the Acoustic Letter refer to the body size of these as the "J-200 Mini"? I have to admit those don't quite look like 17" J-200 body planforms, but maybe it's just an illusion.

In any case, I do prefer the more ringing bass of the rosewood model. The maple guitar seems very treble-focused to me.

I played my OOO-28 over the weekend, and hadforgotten how pleasant that rosewood "ring" can be.

Variety is the spice of life.

I don't understand the 'Parlor' tag.

Something I've noticed is when I play my J200 RW I like it's sound better than my Maple, but just the opposite when playing back a recording.

I seem to like recorded maple better. When JT did his CD I picked out my favorite sounding banner to find out it was maple.

I played my OOO-28 over the weekend, and hadforgotten how pleasant that rosewood "ring" can be.

Funny but I recently did as well - in my case a 1947 000-28. I had forgotten what a huge presence those little rosewood body guitars can have. But right after that I got my hands on a Collings OM-2H. Lawdy, what a freakin' guitar that thing is.

Archived