Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Les Paul Guitars

4Hayden

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice and varied collection. LPJ is a beauty...all the black blends perfectly

with that nice Chocolate Satin grain, unlike the unblend of Cherry Satin, IMO.

crust what are the other three models? I like those two on the right!

LP Studio, LP Special humbucker, pelham blue and the one with the single "f" hole is a...well I really don't know what they call it. The card that came with it says Model No. LPSPGCMCA1...can you (or anyone else) decipher that ? lolmsp_biggrin.gif

LP Studio, LP Special humbucker, pelham blue and the one with the single "f" hole is a...well I really don't know what they call it. The card that came with it says Model No. LPSPGCMCA1...can you (or anyone else) decipher that ? lolmsp_biggrin.gif

Les Paul Special Guitar Center and the rest I have no idea...

This is my Les Paul Push Tone - For those of you that remember Guitar of the Month, it was the GOTM May 2008. It features quick swap pups and ebony fretboard with maple inlays. In times gone by Gibson used to supply their best dealers with demo pickups setup for a special non-production guitar that could quick swap pups. You simply push the pup out the back, unplug it, plug in the swap and push it in from the back - less than a minute. If you were going in to try out pups, you could compare them in the same guitar/amp setup. Anyway, Gibson made a production model of that idea for one of the GOTM runs. I've got a pair of Burstbucker Pros and a pair of P-94s for it. My favorite setup is BBPro in the bridge and P-94 in the neck.

LP-PT94-BBPmd.jpg

LP-PT2.jpg

LPPTbackpups.jpg

I have this strange sense of Deja Vu from the Lounge......

OK; just for fun here are the crappier shots which were updated by the ones I posted in the twin thread the other day...

"Jam" - 1993 '59 Re-issue;

portraitJam_zpsc9110447.jpg

"Marmalade" - 1995 '60 Re-issue;

Marmalade-3_zps400b9e23.jpg

"Treacle" - 1991 '1960 Classic';

portraitTreacle_zps344868aa.jpg

"Honey" - 1995 '1960 Classic';

Honey1_zps419359cf.jpg

P.

I have this strange sense of Deja Vu from the Lounge......

OK; just for fun here are the crappier shots which were updated by the ones I posted in the twin thread the other day...

"Jam" - 1993 '59 Re-issue;

portraitJam_zpsc9110447.jpg

"Marmalade" - 1995 '60 Re-issue;

Marmalade-3_zps400b9e23.jpg

"Treacle" - 1991 '1960 Classic';

portraitTreacle_zps344868aa.jpg

"Honey" - 1995 '1960 Classic';

Honey1_zps419359cf.jpg

P.

lol some said I had it posted on the wrong forum thread , so I put it here too. Doesn't hurt we still get to look at guitar candy

Burstbuckers I believe. They don't have quite the clarity or attack I want. They sound okay clean, but I need some more umph both clean and driven.

If it's a BB3 in the bridge you could try what i did and swap the A2 Magnet out with an A5. It turned it into an unbelievable pickup. Great punch, and growl. it makes it really hot, but you can always lower it down to take away some of the gain if you prefer.

Archived