Gibson Brands Forums

Which Classic Acoustic Guitar Are You?

vacamartin

I'm a Guild F-412 guy, by the survey. And I don't even own an acoustic 12.

I wonder what all the guitar options they use happen to be? I guess we'd only know if someone systematically went through the survey multiple times, but that would take some time.

Yes, these trendy games are so lame and I have avoided them for months.

Slighty psycho-infantile still this one tempted me beyond control.

And no matter if Mitchell or Matthews I too am the Guild. .

I don't feel like a Guild at all - then again maybe deep down I am a Guild 12, , , kind of against my will and vision.

This test spoiled my weekend. .

The test showed me to be a j-200.

But in reality, I can tell you I AIN'T a J-200.

I think I'm more of a 70's or 80's D-18.

1) I kinda seem like I might be something at first, but on closer inspection, not what everyone wants.

2) I get a fair amount of respect, I get treated fair, but nobody puts me at the top of the list.

3) I can be real good at times, but it does take some effort.

4) I could use a restoration, but you are not likely to get your money back.

5) i am considered tough enough not to be kept in a case, but I spend a lot of time in the corner.

6) when I DO get out, I don't ever let anyone down.

Conclude that I can't accept the Guild 12 and intend to create a test tomorrow that makes me a square 1963 Southern Jumbo. .

Take it easy - you won't be bothered. It'll stay between me and the test.

hehe....i'm sure you can include a parameter to get an adjustable saddle into the equation as well....its your test after all!

Conclude that I can't accept the Guild 12 and intend to create a test tomorrow that makes me a square 1963 Southern Jumbo. .

Take it easy - you won't be bothered. It'll stay between me and the test.

I see you as the type of guitar: no matter how many times it gets fixed, refin'd, or what different peices have to come together to make it good, that's what you gonna be.

Pegged me for the Tay -- with Robert Johnson as the artist chocie? Ridiculous. For jollies, I went back to game the test (ok, ok. I like puzzles). You are more likely to roll over the L1 if your accessory is a slide and your electric a strat. Pick the capo and a Tele? D28 (obv hadnt heard of Albert Collins). Hollowbody and a capo routes you straight to Taylor (my bad, I was thinking John Lee Hooker). Rhymic, Pete T and a strap? J200. Intricate, EC and a strat? OM. Stereotypes.

Martin does a similar thing with their string selector guide. Only bluegrassers get the Monels, which are great for any trad sound. Pick blues, buy Clapton. Ptah.

hehe....i'm sure you can include a parameter to get an adjustable saddle into the equation as well....its your test after all!

Hahe yep - sincerely believe a little adjustability would be quite healthy. Can I live up to that rhyme.

I see you as the type of guitar: no matter how many times it gets fixed, refin'd, or what different peices have to come together to make it good, that's what you gonna be.

Wow, , , that one is rather deep. Do I have plast-pins. . .

The first time I did the quiz, I came out an L1...

The next time...a D28...

The next time...a 00028...

The next time...J200........

Hmmm.

Master manipulator of the Myer Briggs Index at earlier job interviews here!

BluesKing777.

I asked the boss to answer what she thought I would be - got the Gibson L1!

Archived