Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Axcess Neck Profile

ShowPony

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well nobody was able to answer that question

but now that I have one I can supply some info for others in the future

My Alex Lifeson Axcess Les Paul

compared to my 2008 Les Paul Studio with 50's profile

(NOTE: The Studio is not as thick as a LP Traditional)

Neck Thickness is the same

Neck Width is the same at Nut but 2mm (5/64") wider at 22nd Fret

Although the Width and Thickness of the Axcess is almost the same as the Studio, it is not as "Round" at the back. It is flatter slightly more like a Flamenco Classical guitar

Thank you for finding out and posting here. Sorry, didn't have the strings off any of my Les Paul guitars including the Alex Lifeson Axcess since then, so it wasn't possible for me to find out since I didn't want to pull them off for that.

The Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess specs on the Gisbon webpage are somewhat flawed.

They say nickel hardware but except for the rear parts of the machine heads it's chrome which I prefer. Graph Tech doesn't offer the Ghost LB 63 bridge in nickel but only chrome, black chrome, or gold.

The locking nut is specified as an R4 but mine came with a cheap R3 knockoff of too less either height and length. It also was raised about .030" or .76mm above the neck wood by two pairs of tiny, rectangular .015" sheet metal strips making it look like a bridge. To match the holes in the neck, I replaced it with a correct R3 although I would have preferred an R4 for its wider string spacing. Height adjustment took just one .20mm or .0079" shim.

It also revealed that mine has a laminated fretboard. I found no shortcomings through it though.

In my opinion, the concept of the Gibson Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess is one of the best ever. Being a magnetic/piezo hybrid guitar addict, this guitar is exceptional and extraordinary to me like only very few others. There are the discontinued Gibson SG Supra and the also discontinued Fender Nashville Power Telecaster. Finally there are the two of my Fender Floyd Rose HSS Stratocasters retrofitted with different SSS noiseless magnetics, Graph Tech Ghost LB 63 CR (= chrome), Acousti-Phonic circuit and battery case. The Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess inspired me to having this mod using the same system done to them FR Strats.

• 7 months later...

Archived