Gibson Brands Forums

Thread Title Deleted by Author

SoundMaster

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I very rarely 'toot my own horn', but I knew the '15 LPM would replace the LPJ...with a substantial price increase.

To be fair though, the high-gloss nitro and HSC should increase the price, but that G-Force should not be mandatory, IMO.

Can't speak for the Zero Fret Nut as my knowledge on that is limited (to say the least).

Perhaps some of us (including myself) were premature with some of our comments?

...but I do stand by my OP...... [smile]

Yup.. also in say the case of the Double Cut special it comes with a gloss finish a bound neck and a hard case which I think is pretty good... and all of the new Gibbys will come with a hard case (about time if you ask me).. So for the price they are asking I think that's not too bad.

I agree. I will no longer be able (or willing for that matter) to purchase anything but a used Gibson. I still love Les Pauls and Gibsons in general but real Les Pauls are no longer being made. I am angry about being forced to pay extra for the rebranded MinEtunes. I refuse to have any Gibson with Les Paul's palsied deathbed signature on it. I think it's an insult to his memory. Now, If I could possibly afford one of the new guitars I have to shell out money for new tuners and then try to sell the ridiculous G Force nonsense on Ebay in order to recoup part of the loss. The lowest blow is that Gibson has priced themselves out of the reach of most musicians. But I guess wealthy collectors who wish to decorate their walls with forever changing limited editions along with their Bradford Exchange and Franklin Mint crap will be ecstatic.

It is also interesting that I went to my local Guitar Center the other day to look at acoustics. And guess what? G Force or whatever on a high end Gibson acoustic! What next? What was a revelation that shouldn't have been a surprise is that of the Quality of the Gibson acoustics was dead last place in comparison to Martins and Taylors. And it wasn't even close. The Epiphones actually looked as good if not better. R.I.P Gibson. Your days are numbered.

Well ridiculous price increase aside...I'm not fond (at all) of the tendency

away from the "traditions" that Gibson is KNOWN for! You want to experiment,

with other ideas...great. BUT, leave the traditional models alone, with ALL

the traditional appointments! Changing the logo, alone, on a "Les Paul" is

sacrilege! [scared][cursing] And...uckinfugly, too! [scared][crying]

CB

I'm already looking towards the 2016 lineup... I wonder if sales of 2015s (or lack thereof) will redirect Gibson towards more traditional models. At the very least maybe we'll be back to banner-less 12th frets and standard Les Paul signature on the headstock. My suspicion is that Gibson Custom sales are strong... and those looking for a traditional LP model will figure out a way to pony up the cash or just buy used. On the upside, at least the ridiculous robo-tuners can be swapped out for "real" tuners.

It could always be worse, at least they haven't brought back the Corvus! Maybe they're waiting for a mid-year $4000 Corvus Custom Shop release. [biggrin]

Well ridiculous price increase aside...I'm not fond (at all) of the tendency

away from the "traditions" that Gibson is KNOWN for! You want to experiment,

with other ideas...great. BUT, leave the traditional models alone, with ALL

the traditional appointments! Changing the logo, alone, on a "Les Paul" is

sacrilege! [scared][cursing] And...uckinfugly, too! [scared][crying]

CB

I guess moving product gets old. Making money by having affordable products is somewhat of an antiquated notion.

Corporate morons, right?

The Corvus wasn't any worse than the Firebird X that Henry J. got so weak in the knees over. I guess Gibson under his leadership has no problem with throwing away countless R&D money on worthless endeavors that no one will buy. Last I checked there were still a couple of new Firebird X's for sale at Wildwood Guitars for still too much money. I wonder how the poor people who wasted money on those feel now that they are trying to keep them going. Or maybe only collectors purchased them as oddities to hand on a wall.

Yup.. also in say the case of the Double Cut special it comes with a gloss finish a bound neck and a hard case which I think is pretty good... and all of the new Gibbys will come with a hard case (about time if you ask me).. So for the price they are asking I think that's not too bad.

I agree. "Case included" takes a major additional cost and hassle out of the picture. [thumbup]

Now, if they'd only include pick guards on all these guitars! [-X

Still mulling over the LP Special. I suppose I've got plenty of time time to decide... :lol:

I'm already looking towards the 2016 lineup... I wonder if sales of 2015s (or lack thereof) will redirect Gibson towards more traditional models. release. [biggrin]

yes maybe... and then everyone will moan that Gibson is just relying on its history and do nothing to innovate...

as much as I may or may not like the changes for next year Gibson cant win... if they change things everyone moans, if they don't everyone moans that nothing new is coming out...

but then they could just do what they did do which is to have a Classic and Traditional model that are Classic and Traditional and use the Standard and Studios to mess about and try new things etc... But they are probably hoping that people who want a proper traditional made Gibson will buy the custom models.

So, the Traditional model comes with that auto-tune monstrosity, a screwless pick guard and the awful headstock inlay?????!!

I was patiently waiting for the 2015 Traditional's so I could get the solid body but without that 2014 12th fret inlay, and now this? And an obscene price hike?

[thumbdn]

Where did you get that pic from?

If that's really new standard case, that's proper fugly....

Found it searching pictures of the new Les Paul Junior. I hope it's not the standard deal now, I was just getting excited that they'd gone back to the brown/pink.

I gotta say, I really like some of the new stuff for 2015, but some of it is just lame. I feel like my only choice is to buy used since I'm part of the 99% and can't afford Custom Shop. lol

Archived