Gibson Brands Forums

1969 Gibson ES 330 TD

fender101punk

Nice looking guitar! Yes, tuners and knobs....maybe pickguard replacements....?

Don't have time to look up the YEAR details, But would like to comment on WHY,WHY...... OH.... WHY?????..... do people insist on putting such weird and unoriginal tuners on Gibsons? Especially since there are SO many direct re-placements available.in the world?

Not to rant....just one of my pet peeves!

It is my opinion that poorly cut nut slots (per guage of string used) is usually the problem.....NOT the tuners!

Nice looking guitar! Yes, tuners and knobs....maybe pickguard replacements....?

Don't have time to look up the YEAR details, But would like to comment on WHY,WHY...... OH.... WHY?????..... do people insist on putting such weird and unoriginal tuners on Gibsons? Especially since there are SO many direct re-placements available.in the world?

Not to rant....just one of my pet peeves!

It is my opinion that poorly cut nut slots (per guage of string used) is usually the problem.....NOT the tuners!

I have found tons of old Gibsons with the exact same Schaller tuners... Seems to be the popular replacement tuner of choice back in the day for some odd reason... Yes poorly cut nuts or even simply the lack of nut lubrication. I always rub pencil led on my nuts and never had a problem... :P I'm going to put on some Klusons to match the original holes and fill the holes left by the Schallers.. Schallers always looked cheap to me

• 2 months later...

Nice guitar. I too own a 1969 ES-330TD; my understanding is there are not very many 330's in the long neck configuration. I love mine, I hope you enjoy yours as much. I will tell you that the light weight will spoil you. Everything else feels almost cumbersome in comparison.

• 1 month later...

Archived