Gibson Brands Forums

ngd lzzy hale explorer

tmtstillrockin@51

Actually Warren they all have a different sound, none of the five have the same pickups, lace, Seymour Duncan, 490's and now the 57's. I will say that the Lzzy model has a similar tone to my les Paul which also carries the 57's. It does get a bit challenging at times when swithchin from one to another to find the sound I'm looking for. I do enjoy them all none the less.

I know what you mean. We are always chasing the illusive perfect tone in our heads, right? :)

Well, Lzzy showed up in the mail today.

dcf4ecab-0d9c-45a0-8e41-860a5e9aabff.jpg

She's a looker for sure. She still smells like the Gibson paint shop, kinda sweet like candy combined with paint fumes actually.

The guitar is a screamer. I've been playing through a PODxt lately, using a Triple Rectifier model, feeding a Tech 21 Trademark 60 and Power Engine. That rig sounds great with everything I throw at it but with Lzzy it is a barn-burner. Feedback in all the right places and it just G-R-O-W-L-S.

Who knew that Classic 57 / Classic 57 Plus pickups kicked so hard? I didn't, but now I do. And so do the neighbors. (sorry neighbors... ) :)

Totally fun to play! I recorded a super rushed video just because I had to. Despite the sloppy playing and poor audio quality from my Android the total SICKNESS of the guitar comes through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01grOmGEOd4

Sweetwater was excellent to work with. My sales engineer was Joel Helton. Super nice guy, he did everything to expedite my order.

Hey, they even included a little sealed baggie of candy with the guitar! Must be a perk of buying near Halloween. I love Smarties and Red Hots!

Great experience all around. All transactions should go down this way, Thanks to everyone involved. I know I will enjoy this guitar for a long, long time.

The Lzzy Explorer is super comfy to play. The neck is slim for sure, but doesn't feel like a typical 60's slim neck. Feels thinner and maybe a little flatter and wider to me, especially up near the "cowboy chord" area.

The tone is clear even under heavy distortion. The pickups are voiced so I don't have to adjust any of my pedals or amp settings while getting more clarity and less low mid induced "congestion".

Great weight! It arrived with a perfect setup. Normally I have to lower pickups a little but these are in just the right place.

Couldn't be happier! :)

20141017_101344.jpg

I bought that one a few days ago and it should arrive today.........

Awesome there Slick! You are going to be amazed. Please post a pic or two, and maybe a sound clip or video so we can enjoy!

There is a Lzzy Owner's Board on the ""Explorer, Firebird, Flying V" forum here so please post clips and pics there too. I'm hoping that can be a home for all of the new Lzzy owners to share experiences.

Congrats!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived