Gibson Brands Forums

Double Cutaway Byrdland

LostinFrance696

Hi, I'm new to this site, so still finding my way around. Regarding Billy Byrd's Double Cutaway Byrdland, I am the current owner of the guitar. I purchased it from Billy in Nashville some years ago. It was featured in 'Gibson, Guitars and Stars' exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame, which has loan of it. Currently the guitar is in the museum vault for safe keeping. The guitar was made in 1963 for Billy, which can be verified by Gibson records. If anyone would like further information about the instrument, feel free to contact me through this site leaving an email address where I can get back to you. Mike Elia

Hi Guys, sorry for the delay in replying but I've been away. I'm currently living in France and as such dont have access to the photos but I'm going to try to post a copy of an article which shows the guitar....please email me if you want to talk about it more... thanks Mike Elia Well doesnt look like I can attach the picture...my 'Click to attach files' doesnt appear to work! Any help would be gratefully received!

Mike, you're a fine player, and the guitar is in good hands (I hope it won't spend too much time in storage, though :)).

Not sure why you're still suggesting e-mails as the way to discuss the guitar. That's what this forum is all about, and it would be much easier and more efficient for everyone to talk about it here. If you were selling it, then I could understand your desire to communicate privately.

Mike, you're a fine player, and the guitar is in good hands (I hope it won't spend too much time in storage, though :)).

Not sure why you're still suggesting e-mails as the way to discuss the guitar. That's what this forum is all about, and it would be much easier and more efficient for everyone to talk about it here. If you were selling it, then I could understand your desire to communicate privately.

Jim... thanks for your comments, sadly the guitar has been in the vaults at the Country Music Hall of Fame for almost 15 years, so recently I have thought about selling it, I'm never over in the States long enough to get to Nashville or to get to play it, which is a shame, it should be enjoyed.

Thanks Mike. I guess it was implied that you might be selling it, but that hadn't been clear to me from your opening post. I agree with you (obviously) that it should come out of the vault and be enjoyed again.

Sure glad it survived the 2010 flooding in Nashville! Best of luck with it.

Archived