Gibson Brands Forums

One of the coolest pedals I've seen in awhile...

Ryan H

Tape Delay, Tape Flanging, and Tape Chorus all in one box, with Tape Saturation as well.

This thing is super cool...everything from slapback to doubletracked chorus to flange to long tape delays...and it's even got overdrive via the Tape Saturation.

Strymon's intro video:

Definitely going to pick this up...

-Ryan

My friend John Richards won the giveaway on that pedal Saturday, Lucky guy as I'm sure there were thousands of entries on that one. I told him I expect a first hand report once he gets it.

I'd love to hear that report. My Strymon El Capistan has some of the same features - tape age and wow/flutter to get an old Echoplex sound - and it's a great unit. However, the added saturation and chorus/flange variables in this one might cause me to consider a change.

Yes, I might have to jump on this too… I am sure it will price out at 299

Yep. Strymon just sent out pre-order emails for North American customers - $299. Though they say that's pre-order price only. I wonder if it will be higher later or if that's just salemanship?

Got it yesterday! Nothing fancy for a demo, just messing with it for 10 minutes out of the box. I need to spend some time with it, I already figured out a lot that I didn't post.

http://youtu.be/Kdjry-PgW_k

I haven't heard another word from The Guitar Store since they told me it would be in their store whatever day that was. Either they did not receive their batch (which it would have been nice to get an email advising me as such) or they're still waiting which, again, would have been nice if they would have contacted me. I will never understand not communicating with potential customers in this day and age. [blink]

I haven't heard another word from The Guitar Store since they told me it would be in their store whatever day that was. Either they did not receive their batch (which it would have been nice to get an email advising me as such) or they're still waiting which, again, would have been nice if they would have contacted me. I will never understand not communicating with potential customers in this day and age. [blink]

I'd be a little annoyed at that as well.... I bit the bullet and just ordered straight from strymon. Really thought it would be weeks and it was only one

Archived