Gibson Brands Forums

Esonic 2 Issues

agradeleous

Hey folks hope all is well :)

I read where there have been issue's with Esonic 2 so I was wondering if anyone shares my issue and if how it was fixed . I do

believe it is a pre-amp issue and I have had a new replacement .

Problem is I think because it was new and seemed to sound better that it was fixed but not true . Here's what it does and this on both pre-amps same problem and all .

In stereo hook up Nano mag distorts if have the tone up full it really noticeable

Nano mag is on channel one flex on channel two , turn C2 down or off and the distortion is there clear as a bell turn the tone down it's noticeable but not as much .

with the same hook up I use the blend control and turn to full Flex, sounds great and clear as a bell no distortion slide back to full Mag distortion .

using the mono jack single channel same result Flex is clean mag is distorted so on my gear i was using ch 1&2 I switched to 3&4 and same deal with the above check duplicated .

I first go around withe original pre-amp I switched pick up wires and had the same results .

One could wonder ... can the nano mag be defected ?

Thanks for any an all enlightenment :)

PS: I will do a audi sample as soon as I can and post if needed

I dunno. My AJ500ME works about as perfectly well as one might imagine. I've used it with the mono jack only, blending the two pups to get a nice full sound.

One question, though. Are you running it through an AE amp, an electric amp or a PA board? I've heard that there can be interesting "stuff" running through an electric amp of certain designs.

m

I have a 2010 dr500mce and it works wonderfully.

There have been issues reported but if its new I'm sure Epiphone will come good till its corrected. As Milod said does make difference as to the amp used.

also make sure battery is new and all wires are not loose

The guitar is 1yr old . Preamp was replaced once already .

I'm running it into a lexicon ionyx u42s same out come on all 4 channels Xlr or 1/4 jacks .

I recorded a sound sample and sent to shadow USA waiting to hear back.

I replaced batteries multibale times same deal .

On my auto sample you can hear it if I am panned full flex it's clear as a bell if I slide the mix control just an 1/8 of inch back to middle you can the static/distortion kick back in .

I can post the audio if anyone is interested .

• 2 weeks later...

The guitar is 1yr old . Preamp was replaced once already .

I'm running it into a lexicon ionyx u42s same out come on all 4 channels Xlr or 1/4 jacks .

I recorded a sound sample and sent to shadow USA waiting to hear back.

I replaced batteries multibale times same deal .

On my auto sample you can hear it if I am panned full flex it's clear as a bell if I slide the mix control just an 1/8 of inch back to middle you can the static/distortion kick back in .

I can post the audio if anyone is interested .

I don't know if editing bumps the thread but I just want to update . :)

My issue seems to be the Nanomag pick up but not positive . I have two pre-amps both act the same with distortion on only on the mag pick up even when input jacks are switched.

Never known a mag pick up to go bad unless it was run over by a truck but things can happen in production I guess .

I did a poor mans test and stuck a small screw driver to it and the low E side from the middle has pull go to the HIgh E side and barely nothing almost dead so what does this mean ? ... I have no idea but if the core is broke which I think may be ceramic it could explain whats going on .

Other then that I'm stuck I can not find anything loose that would cause the issue or contribute to it since the flex pick up is perfectly clear . I'm not sure if this could be a batch build defect with the pre-amp itself since I have seen no other issues like mine .

So I'll keep on it and update as I go .

Play well friends

:)

ceramic glass is very brittle...so...yes, maybe the core is broken or cracked...let us know what the outcome is please, and if the pickup has broken...if it is that delicate....I'll try not to beat on the ones here...too muchmsp_unsure.gif...lol Seriously though, please report back what may have caused your guitar to stop working properly, if you actually find the cause and/or solution...If it can be "fixed", or if your experience can help someone else (like me, when my guitar stops working)...well...thanksmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_unsure.gif

Archived