Gibson Brands Forums

Check Out This Pedal

LPguitarman

Since we're posting pretty pedals with unique finishes - I'll post some of my favorites in my collection :)

Demeter makes some of the best pedals on the planet and, for quite awhile on the road, I didn't want anyone copying my signature sound so I ordered these custom finished ones to disguise their origin.

demeterfatoverdrives_zpsd75ee7bd.jpg

Jack Orman of AMXfx is a genius and he designs circuit boards, dissects electronic circuits and is just a magic man when it comes to cool electronics projects. He doesn't sell pedals but every now and then, for a good cause, he will make a special unit to auction off for a charity to help people. The AMZ Plexi Drive (special Tsunami edition) was just such a creation to help victims of the tsunami back in early 2005 for an auction by many of the top pedal builders who submitted their special offerings to help raise relief money. Here's that beauty with a finish made to look like waves of water!

amzplexidrivetsunamiedition_zps57d56512.jpg

John Spears of Monster Effects designed one of the best tremolo pedals on the market called the Swamp Thang (an identical sounding tremolo to the classic Fender tremolo featured in their amps) and for a brief time he made a very limited special edition run featuring hand painted alligator like skin custom paint jobs - here's mine! (I have to also mention that John designed a line of amps called Atom Amps Metroliner - 18 watts of pure hand wired joy of which I also purchased and remains one of my all time favorite amps to this day) Here's his limited edition Swamp Thang perched upon one of my Fender Tweed amps)

MonsterEffectsSwampThang_zps3a198484.jpg

Archived