Gibson Brands Forums

More 2015s...

thejay

I know I know… another 2015 post. Did anyone get the zzounds email about the additional models?

Lzzy Hale Explorer - which not really a fan of her specifically but it is a great take on the model - EXPLORER LINK.

An 80s inspired Hot Rod LP Studio with pin striping - LP LINK. I think this is actually pretty cool minus the graphic coming up under the bridge...

I know I know… another 2015 post. Did anyone get the zzounds email about the additional models?

Lzzy Hale Explorer - which not really a fan of her specifically but it is a great take on the model - EXPLORER LINK.

An 80s inspired Hot Rod LP Studio with pin striping - LP LINK. I think this is actually pretty cool minus the graphic coming up under the bridge...

They are all 2014 guitars...

I still find it a bit odd they released the 2015s so early and still releasing new 2014 models.

... We don 't need no stinkin' 2015 models...LOL [laugh]

Don't you say that - I'm addicted to the smell of new Gibsons! [biggrin]

All kidding aside, being in their cases most of the time, my guitars and basses retain their smell for years. [rolleyes] I inhale very carefully and in small doses only to make it last longer. ;)

KB...

You just got me thinkin....

Technically one might make a case that except for my demand that all my guitars - including the flattops - have electric stuff on 'em, basically all but 3 are pre-1950 designs. Flattops, archtops, 2 semis and a board. Back in the '60s everybody wanted Grovers. Now they're "bad" among the children of those who tore out the open-gears and replaced 'em with Grovers. <sigh>

Seriously, I catch "it" from some "it's gotta be a pure 1930-style all-wood open-geared peg flattop with no electric quacky-crud" acoustic players. All but one of my flattops are AE except for one 12-string with a mag pup on it. <sigh> Lester Flatt never used that stuff. It's immoral.

Then again some of the '60s folkies knew Carter Family music a bit, but had no idea she was playing an archtop acoustic 'stedda a D-28 or the new Hummingbird all the better girl folkies seemed to want. So... the archtop acoustic was just stupid old-style big band instrumentation or worse, electrified.

<grin> Okay. Enough of showing my age.

m

Not me bro there is only one way a Les Paul and a Strat should be and they were shaping the music you play now. Im ok with all this tech and innovation as long as I dont have to buy it. If they would have left the Classic Classic and the Traditional traditional you could have had the Standard Terminator T2 Robo Paul. I dont know what Im gonna get now I sold my 2012 with hopes for a 2015 well now I see crap I aint buying. But that said... I hope that someone is happy about it and wants it I dont want to stop it I dont want to block it I just wanted to buy a 2015 that was you know a real Les Paul not a Transformer. I will look at older models floating around as well New old stock I guess. I play in a 70s based band we didnt have Transformers or Terminators back then.

Good response Donny but my comment was tongue in cheek, here we are all bothered by the changes to the Gibson USA line when in reality you can get a "proper" Les Paul anytime.

My LP is an R8, that should give you an idea how I feel about these things.

What I would like to know is what does Slash and Zakk think of these? Could we hear their honest take? Bet they dont play them but they are has beens right?

I didn't care what they thought about Les Pauls all them years they were somebodys.

rct

Me either really rct... I only care what I think and here is what I think.

I won't be buying this 2015 garbage, I won't try it or give it a chance, I'm done with Gibson. I will keep what I have and buy Fender from now on

D Ray,

Very well said. My thoughts EXACTLY. Love my 2014 Traditional - Tone for days and plays very well.

But my 1962 Stratocaster Hot Rod reissue is a Power House. It's basically a Custom Shop guitar and I paid $1,600 for it taxes in. Very reasonable for the QUALITY.

Fender is making GREAT Stuff.

Over the summer I was at The Chicago Music Exchange and played a Custom Shop Heavy Relic Strat. I must say it was outstanding. The tone was VOLCANIC. I wish I had the funds....

Take Care Man,

MississippiBlue

Well, Donny...I would hesitate to call the 2015 models "Garbage." Even if I don't care

for the direction they've gone, I imagine they're still great guitars. Just not to my

taste or interest. Like most have expressed, I'd much prefer they give US the CHOICE

on what we want put on any model, beyond the "norm," rather than deciding for us. But,

that's just me (and, some other's of us), I guess?

What I DO have a "real life" problem with, is a nearly 30 percent increase in price,

across the board! That's just (again) INSANE! [cursing][scared][crying]

CB

Right on Brother I love Gibson man 2014 back I will always buy them I love Les Pauls and Strats I want rooms full. I let go of two Guitars for a specific reason I didnt like things about them my Classic Custom was over ten pounds and my American deluxe Strat I put a Floyd in it. I got a 2014 Classic and fixed it but the anniversary inlay means alot to me because I got it on my 50th Birthday and my 25th anniversary at work. They gave me a bonus and I got it so I dont want another 2014 I wanted a 15 but when I saw them I flipped out. I wanted my dates in order 2013 2014 2015 but now since that is not possible and there are suddenly 2013s all over town Im getting one.

I gave my wife the Custom and the American Deluxe to sell for a new stove and she got it and she is really happy its got a range and everything. I am replacing them with a Classic style Les Paul and another American Special style strat.

Needless to say I was mad as hell but look at Gibsons facebook or these message boards, they cant contain it its spilling over people are not happy. They are going to figure it out that if they want everybody's money then cater to the old player too that made it possible the last 40 years. Keep the Classic classic and the Traditional traditional and set standards with the Standard.

Gibson has every right to innovate their product and look to the future but dont forget the faithful customer that buys one or two a year and registers them with you. You still want his money too and he is not going to want change, Get everyone's money cater to everyone.

Right on Brother. Right on.

Leave what works ALONE and innovate other lines. Change is a good thing. Tradition is TRIED AND TRUE.

My wife got me my Traditional as a 50th Birthday gift. She was so nice because I'll see 50 in 2015.

All the BEST to you Sir,

MississippiBlue

Archived