Gibson Brands Forums

Modern sounding guitars

rct

Watch a show called InkMaster. Please.

Besides being an awesome hot mess of crybaby artists trying to make their mark, Navarro and Nunez are superb and Olly just cracks me up plus he was once long ago hittin that KatVonD before she got all uppity with her own show.

So watch that show, listen to the gozinta commercials and gozoutta commercials, and please somebody explain to me how they get those sounds. Navarro I'm guessing, or someone knocking off his sound, I don't know I only know like Jane Sez from Janes, so I wouldn't know his sound if I fell over it.

How do they do that? 7 strings tuned down to K# into 3 MesaBoogie 750 watt heads into one 8"? I got no idea.

rct

Could be, beats me. But it's guitar-y, has too much mid on top to be bass, but there seems to be some octave doubling in a downward direction. At least to me it seems. I don't know that you could hit a bass and get that kind of chordage out of it without it turning completely to mush and knockin yer teevee over.

rct

I think the sound has more to with the computers/production than the instruments. It's all ProTools patches I bet.

I believe that, very processed sounding. But huge.

rct

Archived