Gibson Brands Forums

I went and did it. NGD (almost)

Aster1

Fender content,

In a moment of weakness, and with an impulse purchase too, I have on the way a 60th Anniv Strat. Maybe I should say "a lack of impulse control purchase" as that's what my brains now saying. No, it's not the Re-issue version that I really wanted for my 60th birthday. It's the #2 1954 model American version w/ gold appointments. I was offered the guitar for $1275.00 and I took the bait right to the gizzard.

Why I got it now is the part I can't wrap my head around, outside of it being my celebration of my 60 yrs. I have a very similar sunburst that's not a year old but it has a rosewood neck (which I love). I'll see if it bites me when it arrives. If the remorse is still overwhelming, wipe the finger prints off and back she goes. Maybe there are some meds that could have helped me avoid this? :rolleyes:

Will post a few photo's when it arrives this week.

Aster

Yeah... for me 30, 40, 50... no big deal really.

Six-Oh?

Sheesh, I couldn't believe I was that damned old. Impossible. Blood still flowing and stuff... Okay, creases on the face, but the face has taken a bit of beating from wind and sun and freezing temperatures...

I'd not have gotten a Fender, but... that's actually about the age I started buying guitars.

You'd think an old man would know better and give most of 'em away. Yeah, I've given one away this year and hope the burned-out family gets its new home finished so I can give another big body flattop to 'em.

But... <grin> Aster, don't ask about why there are more in the house with only my name on 'em now than when I gave those two away....

m

Yeah Milo,

My wife just asked again why I have all those guitars. Didn't have a good response this time I guess but someone once said "it's better to have something & not need it, than to need something and not have it!" [biggrin] I may try that one next time if I'm Axed that question.

Hope I like it I guess. Then again, maybe the $$ should go to a new parts for the Harley brothers (Larry, Moe & Curly that I have too). Outside of a new battery, for one of them, I've not bought them ANY presents last year or this year. :rolleyes:

Aster

...I was offered the guitar for $1275.00 and I took the bait right to the gizzard....

By my reckoning that's a paltry $21.15 per annum,

Pah...............Chickenfeed!

Play Long and in Good Health!.......................................[thumbup]

P.

Archived