Gibson Brands Forums

Great Rock is Still Alive...

daveinspain

Great rock is still alive.

I don't feel sorry for anybody too lazy to go looking for it.

Lucky we have a fairly decent station here playing a good chunk of indie labels.

Rival Sons get plenty of air time here.

Along with a lot of other great new stuff.

Lucky we have a fairly decent station here playing a good chunk of indie labels.

Rival Sons get plenty of air time here.

Along with a lot of other great new stuff.

Quapman - what are the station's call letters? I like to look up good radio stations on TuneIn.

Quapman - what are the station's call letters? I like to look up good radio stations on TuneIn.

I just pm'd ya Bro. (not here to promote a radio station,, lol)

They play lot's of different stuff.

In the last 20 minutes I heard Derek & the Dominos Layla and Rob Zombie Dead City Radio.

And everything in between.

Like I said,, 'fairly decent station' but around here it's the best we got and the only one I listen to

for the most part.

Cheers.

This [thumbup]

Unless you are lucky enough to have a good radio station (and there aren't many) you are gonna have to put in some effort to find the good stuff - but it's there. Quite a few people here post new music often. I for one appreciate that.

One of my favourite up and coming bands is The Union:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7_uZ9-aNB4

The first time I saw Leogun (they were then called Mad Dog) they were supporting The Union. After they had finished their Mad Dog's frontman Tommy Smith was selling CD's so I had the chance to have a chat with him. If my memory serves me correctly, they changed their name from Mad Dog to Born Mad before settling on LeoGun.

Ian

Here's a great band from up here in Canada, Monster Truck! They've been touring like crazy, opening for awesome acts throughout North America, not to mention they're a nice bunch of guys, if you get the chance I highly recommend checking them out!

Archived