Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton 62 - Reborn OLD

J4T5

So what do you do with a "2nd" Sheraton 62. Well I took everything off of it aged the finish, ambered the binding, and replaced all the parts with nickel. Then I Aged all the nickel.

Routed for full size Humbuckers (Peter Florence 59's), routed the pickguard for the fullsize HB's and added a Bigsby after aging it. I even made a 59' Serial number blue label,

aged it and put it inside after removing the Factory secord sticker label... I even put a set of Oval Vintage Waverly nickel tuners on it. I aged those too.

I made a new wiring harness with Paper in Oil caps. Sure it won't fool anyone, but it was fun, and it looks pretty sweet.

I had sold it not too long ago for another project I started but I just got it back. 3's a party. Now I've got a cherry Dot , a cherry Mini HB Riviera

and this Sherry 62':

original.jpg

So what do you do with a "2nd" Sheraton 62. Well I took everything off of it aged the finish, ambered the binding, and replaced all the parts with nickel. Then a Aged all the nickel.

Routed for full size Humbuckers (Peter Florence 59's), routed the pickguard for the fullsize HB's and added a Bigsby after aging it. I even made a 59' Serial number blue label,

aged it and put it inside after removing the Factory secord sticker label... I even put a set of Oval Vintage Waverly nickel tuners on it. I aged those too.

I made a new wiring harness with Paper in Oil caps. Sure it won't fool anyone, but it was fun, and it looks pretty sweet.

I had sold it not too long ago for another project I started but I just got it back. 3's a party. Now I've got a cherry Dot , a cherry Mini HB Riviera

and this Sherry 62':

original.jpg

Looks Great!! [thumbup]

CB

Here's a setup pic for the routing, some Shreddin' and the wiring harness ready to install

157658386.jpg

157658387.jpg

157658389.jpg

The Bigsby has been aged at this stage before I starting to polishing it out to reach the sheen I was working towards.

Archived