Gibson Brands Forums

Validating Model #, Serial # Card with SG

GruvenTom

Hello,

Last week, I purchased the Derek Trucks SG from a Guitar Center in California. I've had it for a week now, and just DIG what this guitar does. However, I want to make sure everything that Gibson says it is, is accurate. The guitar's serial number and the serial number listed on the inspection card appear to be different. On the card: Serial # is 117340425, while stamped on the guitar the 9 digit number is something different. The model number of the card is SG14CECH1, with a date of 7/16/14, while stamped on the guitar, it says a model 2013. I'd like to validate this information before I send the warranty card in for my own piece of mind. Is anyone able to correlate this information between what's on the guitar and the inspection card?

Thanks,

-Tom

Hello,

Last week, I purchased the Derek Trucks SG from a Guitar Center in California. I've had it for a week now, and just DIG what this guitar does. However, I want to make sure everything that Gibson says it is, is accurate. The guitar's serial number and the serial number listed on the inspection card appear to be different. On the card: Serial # is 117340425, while stamped on the guitar the 9 digit number is something different. The model number of the card is SG14CECH1, with a date of 7/16/14, while stamped on the guitar, it says a model 2013. I'd like to validate this information before I send the warranty card in for my own piece of mind. Is anyone able to correlate this information between what's on the guitar and the inspection card?

Thanks,

-Tom

Probably (knowing GC), they put your guitar into a different SG's case! IF you can take it back, to

that Guitar Center, and get the proper paperworks, cards, etc., you should be fine. They are an

authorised Gibson dealer, so I doubt it's a "fake," or anything. Probably just a mix up, with the

case. If you plan on sending the warranty card in, etc., then for sure get the proper "case candy,"

etc. If not...don't worry about it, and just play it. As long as the serial number on your sales

receipt matches the one on the back of your headstock, you should be fine, for any warranty work,

if needed.

But, if you in doubt, take it back and get the right case, or at least the right paperwork!

CB

Archived