Gibson Brands Forums

Toby Deluxe-V bad tone expressor

benji112

Ok so i bought and fell in love with my Toby Deluxe-V...but recently i noticed a loud static noise coming from my bass when plugged into amp<and i know its not amp because i used other bass to check> i proceeded to do some testing and found out that when i take the tone expressor outta the loop..ie disconnect it and wire straight from volume pot to jack...i get no more static and the bass plays fine...so either the tone expressor is bad or something went wrong.....any help is much appreciated

Ok so i bought and fell in love with my Toby Deluxe-V...but recently i noticed a loud static noise coming from my bass when plugged into amp<and i know its not amp because i used other bass to check> i proceeded to do some testing and found out that when i take the tone expressor outta the loop..ie disconnect it and wire straight from volume pot to jack...i get no more static and the bass plays fine...so either the tone expressor is bad or something went wrong.....any help is much appreciated

if you bought it new and have a warranty, I'd call customer service and have them send you a new expressor pot.

Archived