Gibson Brands Forums

Will this case fit?

Cougar

I got a nice case with my Performer ME. I was wondering if an EL-00 Pro would be a good fit in that case. I'm thinking the Performer can be left out in the elements... of the living room. It's all laminate! But what the heck is a "Venetian Jumbo"? I've seen it described as a jumbo, and also a mini-jumbo. I guess I could measure the thing. #-o The lower bout is about 15" with a 4.25" width at the lower bout. I see the EL-00 is 15.5" and 4 3/8". My EF-500's also measure 15.5", and they don't fit, so I guess I answered my own question... with a "no". [-(:(

BTW, I just restrung the Performer with Martin 80-20 .010-.047's, lemon oiled the fretboard... This is a nice little guitar! I just played it acoustically a little; it's got good resonance! I'll see how the electronics pick up these bronze strings.....

I got a nice case with my Performer ME. I was wondering if an EL-00 Pro would be a good fit in that case. I'm thinking the Performer can be left out in the elements... of the living room. It's all laminate! But what the heck is a "Venetian Jumbo"? I've seen it described as a jumbo, and also a mini-jumbo. I guess I could measure the thing. #-o The lower bout is about 15" with a 4.25" width at the lower bout. I see the EL-00 is 15.5" and 4 3/8". My EF-500's also measure 15.5", and they don't fit, so I guess I answered my own question... with a "no". [-(:(

BTW, I just restrung the Performer with Martin 80-20 .010-.047's, lemon oiled the fretboard... This is a nice little guitar! I just played it acoustically a little; it's got good resonance! I'll see how the electronics pick up these bronze strings.....

did you check the dimensions on the PR5E case? might be close.

I think the Venetian part is because it has a Venetian cutaway.

Ah, thanks. Apparently the occasionally described "mini jumbo" refers to the half inch smaller lower bout and 1/8 inch less width. Oh, but that's compared to the EL-00, which is referred to as a smaller, "parlor" guitar, not a jumbo. These guitar body shapes have my head spinning....

Archived