Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul pro top?

Luke17

I bought this guitar in 2008 from MF, lost receipt so Idon't remember what it was called, flamed top Cherry finish...First guitar I ever bought that would not play even minimally well out of the box.E and A string will not hold tune...It is due for a trip to the luthiers for a set up and string change, action is way high too.

Seems to me it was called pro top or premier top...IDK

Peace, Luke

post-67293-009949200 1413157984_thumb.jpg

I bought this guitar in 2008 from MF, lost receipt so Idon't remember what it was called, flamed top Cherry finish...First guitar I ever bought that would not play even minimally well out of the box.E and A string will not hold tune...It is due for a trip to the luthiers for a set up and string change, action is way high too.

Why the rush?

rct

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Guitar back on Monday...beautiful set -up, low action, guitar guy was remarking about the Pristine condition....I told him it's hardly been out of the case since I got it.This was the only guitar I ever bought that wasn't at least partially playable right out of the box.Can't believe I waited so long to get it corrected.But it sings delightfully now.This is the only Epiphone I ever bought.....Well I have the Sheraton Union Jack on order but will probably be in the Nursing Home by time it arrives or ever arrives. :-)

hey Luke..

my brother in law had an Epi SG for 10 years,,

he never played it due to the same reason..

I dropped it off for him one day at the local luthier... a complete setup..

guess what?

he plays it now.

See that word Procrastination? some of us are truly PROS at this!

[thumbup]

JK,, happy endings are good!

Yup...i ran it thru all my amps....sounded really nice thru the '69 Bandmaster reverb that I finally replaced the original RCA tubes with NOS that I bought from a closed up TV, Radio, and HI FI repair shop....Bought them awhile back...just got around to replacing them.I guess better late than never....Like JCT commented in this thread 'Why the Hurry?'

Archived