Gibson Brands Forums

If I had $2000

crust

Ever since I got mine, 2 years ago, I've watched the prices slowly climb on these. While I paid $675 (as a 2nd, and searched for 5 months) for mine, I felt that it was a little on the high side then. But they don't come around very often on eBay, maybe 10 or 12 a year. Recently, I've seen them priced for as much as $1000. I doubt you'd find one in better shape than the eBay guitar, and because they've become more and more rare, the guy might just sell it. I think for that kind of money, I'd spend just a little more and get an Elitist Broadway. Geez, if they are fetching that kind of money, maybe I should sell mine? Or, maybe not.

IMG_0982_zps7861db72.jpg

When i was looking at the 1953 ones they were running $3000 to $6000 and a few $8000.I just think some of the Epiphones are just going up in price.I just hope epiphone thinks about making some of these and the Byrdland

a 500.00 guitar .. if that..

Why do you believe that that particular guitar should not sell for more than $500.00 ? You don't believe an Epiphone guitar, particularly a very nice one like that Emperor Zephyr Blues Deluxe, is not worth the asking price? Please elaborate. Thank you. mellow.gif

Why do you believe that that particular guitar should not sell for more than $500.00 ? You don't believe an Epiphone guitar, particularly a very nice one like that Emperor Zephyr Blues Deluxe, is not worth the asking price? Please elaborate. Thank you. mellow.gif

there cheaply built..

Because a new Joe Pass Emperor goes for $599?

If I really wanted a Zephyr, I'd pay more than $500 for it (especially with. HSC). But his asking price of $1500 - $2000 is what I would expect if it were a Byrdland. One could buy an Emperor AND a Broadway for $1,500. Or that George Benson Ibanez Jazz box.

Because a new Joe Pass Emperor goes for $599?

If I really wanted a Zephyr, I'd pay more than $500 for it (especially with. HSC). But his asking price of $1500 - $2000 is what I would expect if it were a Byrdland. One could buy an Emperor AND a Broadway for $1,500. Or that George Benson Ibanez Jazz box.

I agree, that asking price is way too high.

Archived