Gibson Brands Forums

Im a gay noobie fool.

baxter

Whats the difference between a special faded sg and the standard sg or any other type for that matter?

This is a total different question. Does anyone know what happened to Hendrix's white strat that he used at woodstock? I googled it with no prevail.

Shoot me for asking these questions if you have to, because I will fully understand.

-Thanks

Whats the difference between a special faded sg and the standard sg or any other type for that matter?

This is a total different question. Does anyone know what happened to Hendrix's white strat that he used at woodstock? I googled it with no prevail.

Shoot me for asking these questions if you have to' date=' because I will fully understand.

-Thanks[/quote']

Hendrix's Strat was auctioned off. It got something like 1.2 million, dunno who owns it now. The faded has twin 490 uncovered pickups, and a satin finish, the Standard has the 490/498 combo, the VOS's have '57 Classics I believe, standards got binding on the neck I dont think the faded does trap inlays on the ST. fadeds got dots.

Faded SGs don't have a gloss finish, the other SGs do.

My personal favorite of the bunch is the Standard, but they all sound and look great. A lot of the guys here will tell you the 61 Reissue is the best. It's all a matter of personnel preference.

Visually, the 61 stands out the most due to it's 1/2 sized pick guard. Go to Gibson.com and checkout all the different models. We're always here if you have any other questions.

Here's a pic of my Standard =P~

Picture008-1.jpg

I can't wait to get such nice guitars.

But in the meanwhile I have a question I know this is the Gibson boards, but I was wondering what is the difference between a Highway One fender strat and the normal ones. I see somes neck is all one not two seprate pieces of wood is that the difference?

Thanks.

EDIT- Can anyone help me find when my faded sg was made serial number 009360468?

Hmmm as this is a gibson board, interesting you'd ask about a Fender Hwy1 or any Fender.. Just check out Fender [dot] com

Hwy1's are the first price level Made in America guitars, they have thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish lets the body wood's natural tone shine through.

Fenders solid maple necks have a 'skunk strip' hardwood running down the back of the nect so they can install the truss rod, other necks say that have a rosewood fret board will have the truss rod install from the front under the rosewood cap.

Why all the fender questions on a Gibson board?

Archived