Gibson Brands Forums

2015 Rock & Roll HOF Nominees

rocketman

I'd like to see Yes on this list someday, especially since Rush got in.

Amen to that... you'd think 45 years and 40+ albums would be enough to do it!? I guess the problem centers around, which part, or all, of the large cadre of musicians would be included.

And exactly how is Hip-Hop considered rock? Sampling? That establishment is as big a joke as the Grammys anyway.

Kraftwerk... seriously? I'm with you on Stevie Ray also! [thumbup]

Σß

Amen to that... you'd think 45 years and 40+ albums would be enough to do it!? I guess the problem centers around, which part, or all, of the large cadre of musicians would be included.

And exactly how is Hip-Hop considered rock? Sampling? That establishment is as big a joke as the Grammys anyway.

Σß

At least Kraftwerk were original. I find the rort of sampling verging on criminal, personaly, when it's a swathe of someone else's music, not just unrecognisable slices. I have to argue with my nephews constantly when they're deriding my ' Old School' rock and touting musicless crap to me as 'real' new music. Especially when their garbage contains fractions of the original stuff. I've always maintained that well-crafted music can be performed by nearly any idiot and work, but it takes a real artist to turn crap music into good fare. [cursing]

Let everyone in. Abba and Madonna are in there. They are so far removed from R'NR' it is not even funny.

This. I stopped paying attention to the inductee list years ago when pop and rap started migrating in. Sorry, but it's no longer the Rock N Roll HoF, it's the "You sell records, you get in" HoF

Σß

Heck YES..I was so fired up that they even got nominated last year but then nothing...it is Bulls#$*t they were pioneers of a genre..but know the HOF is too politically correct oriented..I have been there a couple times but none in the last 15 years and every year I send them an email stating that I won't visit until YES gets in...Some of the acts that are in and some that are not just boggles the mind.

As long as the list meets the established standards of diversity in artists and music genres, who cares if the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is about Rock and Roll?

That list looks like the result of government regulation applied to music - LOL!!

Green Day?

I'm quite a fan of their earlier work but it seems silly, they havn't been around for all that long...or i'm getting old!

I agree Green Day??? But there is a requirement of time and I think it has to have been 25 years since the release of your first album...The election process is a joke...one I think of off the top of my head is Deep Purple..they don't deserve it?? but yet you have Buffalo Springfield in?? I mean don't get me wrong I like Springfield but they only made like two albums How much influence and impact did they really have and most of them are already in with other groups..but hey it is a joke..I really think the more liberal you are they more votes you get from the dumb a$$ panel members who vote..I realize the whole industry of art and music is very liberal but it appears if you are more of an activist or outspoken you get a free pass in and very quickly...if you did not bother with all the causes you get over looked for a long period or forever. Just my opinion..Sorry for the rants

I really think the more liberal you are they more votes you get from the dumb a$$ panel members who vote..I realize the whole industry of art and music is very liberal but it appears if you are more of an activist or outspoken you get a free pass in and very quickly...if you did not bother with all the causes you get over looked for a long period or forever. Just my opinion..Sorry for the rants

and there in lies my take on the entire spectacle that has become the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...

it's devolved to a "participation trophy"..

move along folks.. nothing to see here...

I agree that most of this is a slap in the face of the real rock and roll pioneers. But many great blues players got in too. The fact that Rush DID get in will hopefully start to see a change in the mentality of the nominating committee. It won't happen overnight, but I have some faith that it will happen.

I agree that most of this is a slap in the face of the real rock and roll pioneers. But many great blues players got in too. The fact that Rush DID get in will hopefully start to see a change in the mentality of the nominating committee. It won't happen overnight, but I have some faith that it will happen.

Hope so

The Blues is where rock came from. It's the Rappers and Abba and Madonna that are just laughable. Green Day, let me get out my eyeliner and stupid clothes even though I am in my 40's, I have to dress like an EMO kid to make them think I am cool so they will still buy by whinny pop punk albums where I complain about society.

C'mon, don't sugar coat it. How do you really feel about it? [biggrin]

The Blues is where rock came from. It's the Rappers and Abba and Madonna that are just laughable. Green Day, let me get out my eyeliner and stupid clothes even though I am in my 40's, I have to dress like an EMO kid to make them think I am cool so they will still buy by whinny pop punk albums where I complain about society.

[thumbup] Could not agree more especially the part about complaining about society..

So I looked at the list of all inductees (see here). To my surprise, I must admit that I really think that I agree with most of their picks. Yeah there are few that I would not put in there, as mentioned here, but overall it's a good list. I also like their choices of Early Influences. Many of the great blues players are there.

So I looked at the list of all inductees (see here). To my surprise, I must admit that I really think that I agree with most of their picks. Yeah there are few that I would not put in there, as mentioned here, but overall it's a good list. I also like their choices of Early Influences. Many of the great blues players are there.

I agree the majority of the members of the RRHOF are easy picks and some are no brainers..I think the few that you refer to become even much more glaring that they are in when you make a list of those who are not in that you feel deserve to be there..that is the key to me.

If they put all the people in that everyone agrees should be in, it would have been over ten, 12 years ago. It cost way too much money to not have some way to just keep on keepin on. So they pick a bunch, put in a few that should be, the rest are filler, have a party, a teevee show, make a video of the pathetic "jam" at the end, and start it all over again for next year. It's a pretty good job running that thing, I don't understand how people don't understand that that's all they're doing, keeping their jobs!

rct

Archived