Gibson Brands Forums

Ebola out break in U.S.

4Hayden

Why are they checking people when they get off a flight when surely they should be checked before they get on?

I can't understand why travel restrictions haven't been imposed and isolation units being used. Why take someone to a hospital when you think they have it and could spread it? When you look at some of the conspiracy videos from a few years back, it makes you wonder.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize that some "think" Ebola isn't an airborne contagion and it is ONLY from bodily fluids. I've not heard how any of these people, including the American Drs. that came back home for treatment, explain HOW THE HELL people got this with protocol covering "bodily fluids" contact. I find it very hard to believe that care workers weren't careful with this, just like you would be with AIDS. Care workers aren't "contracting" AIDS/HIV unless they get cut/poked with the patients fluids.

Only thing I could say about how many people die from Heart Disease & other major killers (less influenza) and Ebola, is I ain't a gonna "catch" heart disease or cancer from someone that has it!! Casual or intimate contact either one.

Most of us here, including myself, have no concept about epidemics period. The golden generation grew up thru this time with Influenza, Small Pox, Diphtheria, etc. Back then every damn time some disease threatened, people were "restricted" or quarantined. This was very common place with some diseases to protect others. Some may claim it was out of ignorance, I would say Savvy & Genius cuz they got it under control.

I'm concerned about this greatly, and especially when I hear someone that is an appointed head of the CDC go on about what is an "allowable death rate" before we "worry about things" like this. That doesn't make me feel confidant at all in the grasp of what we could be dealing with and the gravity of the consequences. Why we won't stop travel or at least require quarantine for a month is beyond me. That's the LEAST we could be doing at this point IMHO.

Aster

And by the way the nurses in Dallas did not have the proper suits. The doctor and missionary lady that had Ebola and were flown in did not infect anyone.

Frankly and regretfully I bet you the guy in Dallas was turned away at the ER because that's the treatment you get at ERs and this guy most likely did not have insurance and that's a factor. I am speculating.

By the time he came back he was infectious as hell, then the hospital probably trying to save face tried to take care of him successfully and we all know that went the other way.

Africa isn't a country? Since when?!?

:huh:

Er, ever. Just as Europe and Asia aren't countries.

Africa is a continent made up of between 54 and 56 countries depending on who's counting and which criteria they are using.

P.

The White House expanded on its justification for not instituting a travel ban on people from Ebola-ravaged countries Thursday as pressure from lawmakers mounted to take that action.

"It would provide a direct incentive for individuals seeking to travel to the United States to go underground and to seek to evade this screening and to not be candid about their travel history in order to enter the country," Earnest said.

Wouldn't a travel ban on people from Ebola-ravaged countries be the first thing you would do ?

To answer your question, no. If travelers go underground you cannot track them or screen them before they enter your country. By keeping a big spotlight on it we can track it. Also, you do not want to create panic or starve resources in a region that is already way over its head with this ebola outbreak. They need resources to get a handle on this before it becomes a pandemic.

Frankly and regretfully I bet you the guy in Dallas was turned away at the ER because that's the treatment you get at ERs and this guy most likely did not have insurance and that's a factor. I am speculating.

I think this is what happened too. Only in America.

And by the way the nurses in Dallas did not have the proper suits. The doctor and missionary lady that had Ebola and were flown in did not infect anyone.

By the time he came back he was infectious as hell, then the hospital probably trying to save face tried to take care of him successfully and we all know that went the other way.

What about the planes they got on when they didn't know they were sick , why would ALL people that were on that plane and people that flew after they got off be told they were under quarantine

White House Doesn’t Really Know What The ‘Ebola Czar’ Knows About Ebola

In his White House briefing Friday, press secretary Josh Earnest struggled to tell the White House Press Corps what newly-appointed “Ebola Czar” Ron Klain even knows about the lethal virus that has America worried.

After fielding a question from CNN White House Correspondent Jim Acosta wondering about Klain’s knowledge of Ebola, Earnest spent roughly two minutes beating around the bush explaining Klain’s bonafides, much of which had nothing to do with Ebola, and about his other experience, particularly while managing the stimulus package of 2009.

“What does Ron Klain know about Ebola?” questioned Acosta.

“Let’s talk about…let me re-state why this person…why the president believes it was important to add this person to his team,” Earnest began in his response. “The president wanted somebody who could serve in a coordinating function, to manage our implementation of our whole of government approach to this Ebola situation.”

“To more directly address your question, what we were looking for was not an Ebola expert, but rather an implementation expert, and that’s exactly what Ron Klain is,” Earnest said.

Earnest went on to list Klain’s credentials for the job, including experience in the private sector and within the White House, where Earnest lauded his time managing the Stimulus package in 2009, noting his performance included “unprecedented transparency.”

Now CNN is counting 8 cases "in the USA"

Yep, they are including the initial Doctor and Missionary that are alive and well and they are counting all folks that got infected in Africa and one more that is sick in Liberia and has not made it to the USA but they are so anxious to count them as USA cases that they already did.

I guess the answer is to panic and have an absolute freakout? (this is sarcasm for those of you that are impaired)

I bet preppers all over the USA never guessed Ebola was the things that was going to bring about Doomsday. (here I say this jokingly).

I just saw you guys wondering about my Africa isn't a country comment. That gave me my laugh for the day which I really needed after this work week.

Back to infectious diseases coming to a neighborhood near you. Yes, I said YOU.

The latest case shows the lackadaisical attitude towards Ebola in this country.

A nurse should know better than to leave town after treating an Ebola patient.

The CDC rep who spoke to the nurse who was several STATES AWAY from where she last had contact with an Ebola patient couldn't put two and three together to decided public transportation probably wasn't a good idea, when her temperature began to rise, and therefore did not advise her to not get on a plane.

Though I feel bad that she was, allegedly, poorly equipped with safety gear for several days while treating the patient, and am deeply saddened that she is now quite, quite ill. As a nurse, she should have know the she should postpone her travel and appearance in public for 21 days, just in case. The hospital should have given her 3 weeks paid leave.

This thing will continue to spread until we get the guts to sequester, for 3 weeks, those who put their lives on the line to treat these people. Put them up in a private hospital room with no direct contact with visitors or staff. How hard is that? How expensive is that? (it doesn't matter)

For the CDC not to have a 'Go Team' at the treating hospital in Texas was absolutely inexcusable, possibly criminal.

I used to feel somewhat safe from Ebola, assuming the health care system and CDC had things well in hand. Since they now appear to be as organized as the Keystone Cops, I worry, "Just how many people will I come in contact with in the next 3 weeks that were on that Frontier plane?"

Kudos to Kent State University for asking the family members of the infected nurse to stay away from campus for 3 weeks... just in case. At least they have a healthy respect for the disease.

:huh:

Er, ever. Just as Europe and Asia aren't countries.

Africa is a continent made up of between 54 and 56 countries depending on who's counting and which criteria they are using.

P.

Yeah, funny. We had a certain vice presidential candidate here in the States who referred to Africa as a country. Kind of like saying that Gibson is a guitar. We're still living that one down. Funny though. :unsure:

Cases being reported all over USA , some say air born others say no.Nurse in Texas caught it in a HasMat suit.

What's your view

I'm a little late to the party, and so I don't have time to read the posts.

Ebola is a problem, but what you have here is a Media Panic Event.

I've been to the CDC and pubmed.gov sites and see the only way to get Ebola is to contact the body fluids of the victims. It isn't airborne.

The victim in Texas was not diagnosed with Ebola quickly enough. True the nurses had Hazmat suits on AFTER the diagnosis, but putting one plus on together it doesn't take much more than a moron's intelligence to realize that the nurses handled him BEFORE he was diagnosed, and I don't know a nurse that hasn't come in contact with a patient's body fluids.

The solution --- TURN OFF THE F-ING TELEVISION --- the presstitutes are reading the corporate fear-and-hate mongering of the corporate media owners. Don't let the media turn you into one of the morons. THINK.

Notes

Cases being reported all over USA , some say air born others say no.Nurse in Texas caught it in a HasMat suit.

What's your view

and nothing could be smarter than making an ebola czar that is not even a virologist or doctor. Got to love the people in charge, they sit on their brains.

Worried? Nope! I have no reason to be.

This country is full of fear mongers and those who buy into all of it. All people need to do is educate themselves a little, and they'll breath a sigh of relief.

Now… had I swapped spit with a Liberian woman who was showing symptoms, that would be another story.

And btw… "stopping all flights" is a lot easier said than done. You'd have to get ALL countries on-board with that idea, and that's not something that's going to happen.

Archived